Chapter 92: It's Golden Guard hunting season

Hunter's P.O.V.

'You are even worse than that Songbird!' Darius comments on my latest post. Hmm... I wonder how far I can take things... I press reply and think of what to see to darling Darius till I see someone link a video in the next comment. So I press it... And what I first see is that prick who I used to obey. It was recorded during night time as he gives a speech.

"The Golden Guard is selfish. If he was a true guard of my coven, he would show loyalty, but all I'm replayed with is harsh betrayal. But there's a remedy for the pain he caused me. Now I'll have to send my best after him. After I've seen and treated him like a son, he does this? For this he deserves to be turned into a statue, but I'm too generous for that."

He doesn't stop talking, does he?

"And I've instructed them to take him alive. I've given and given and given, but he refused to actually return the favor. Such greed. We will track him down, and if I find anyone is harboring him... That is punishable by petrifaction. It's Golden Guard hunting season-" And I turn it off. The guy with a deer mask talking about hunting season? Can't listen to the old man drone on- And when I look up I see Luz above me, riding with Amity on her staff. And I keep my head down. Then I look to my side, looking for Rascal who's gone...

And I look up to see- Great! Now he's flying to them! I hide in the dumpster, not wanting to be found as I close it's lid. Feels like a while, making me think maybe the coast is clear. Till I hear tapping on the dumpster... And the lid opens up. No! "Hunter!" Edric pulls me out of the dumpster by hugging me tightly. "You can't be here! You'll be turned into a statue for this! Belos said so!" 

"When did the big bad man say that?" Luz puts a reassuring hand on my shoulder. And with a sigh, I pull up the scroll and show them the video from the start.

.

.

.

After excruciating minutes of listening to that speech, I notice everyone looking at me. "I ran away again because I had to protect you. He might kill you on the spot! And he said he's sending his best." Luz grabs me by the arm and pulls me. "No! You're coming back with us right now!" I whack my hand away from her grasp. I've already made The Owl House a target.

(Spelling? And Pentstagram Darius would be such a diva. And is it Pentagram or Pentstagram?)