Chapter 147: Galloping

(Someone recommended a gore warning for the chapter where Amity broke her legs. Sorry for not doing that sooner. Was anyone triggered? If so I apologize.)

Edric's P.O.V.

Raine brings out his instrument, preparing for battle as Eda turns into her harpy form. As I see this, I lose my concentration, causing the illusion to collapse. Just as Hunter charges to the two, King runs to them, screeching at Hunter who stumbles back while shaking his head. Raine with hesitation plays a note, blowing Hunter slightly back and making him bump into a tree.

Then he shakes his head more before turning to me, then charging for me and Amity, I get us to move out of the way. Once I get a glimpse of seeing him once we've completely moved away, it seems he couldn't stop running in time and jammed his antlers into the tree. Good. Now we have to figure out how to keep him there till this all blows over. 

Amity makes a Violet circle in the air, making a large blob and wrapping it around Hunter, sticking him to the tree while he struggles to pull out his antlers from the mighty block of wood. "Eda! What do we do?" Raine asks to her, hoping to have an answer. "No potions... I have no idea what to do-" But Hunter finally pulls out his antlers, tearing out from the goo by violently thrashing. Just as Amity readies another one, Hunter dashes towards us, far faster. But jumps over us.

Looking back, Hunter gallops away into nature till I can't even see sight of the huge wendigo. Eda tries to fly after him. Not only is this wendigo strong, but fast too. Eda couldn't fly to him in time and now he's lost somewhere.

"That was..." Raine says out loud in shock at what just happened. "Should we go after him?" King questions just as I notice Hunter's palisman flying out to try and follow him. But Eda gets in front of it, then telling it Hunter would've already gone to far because of how fast he is like this. But this bird is persistent, still flapping forward even as Eda gets in front of it once more.

"Don't worry I'll be able to wa-" Amity tries to stand but falls over, holding back the cry of pain. "I have to take you home! This is different than that grudgby game!" I can't just let her go around like this!

(How is it? But what if he tames the wendigo and Edric rides him into battle)