Chapter 10: As time passes

Time passes. It's constantly passing. Fun having those two, especially Edric as Luz introduced his name. I've never been entertained like that, though refusing to laugh most of the time. The most entertainment I'd get would be to mess around with the people I'd target,m by teleporting or doing whatever. And eventually the three Blights leave this house of weirdos.

Days pass as time's arrow marches forward. These three luckily haven't asked anything personal about me.. yet at least. But though that door demon hasn't asked anything personal, his constant questions and attempts to strike up conversation is getting really irritating. I appreciate it but still. Who could put up with that tube's constant squawking?

Eventually those passing days turn to weeks and those Blights would come back yet again. Accept the sister wasn't there. "Would it kill you to stop following me?" The younger one asks her brother who shrugs. "Mittens, I only came over to see Hunter over there. He's just so interesting!" He leans on his sister's head using his elbow who just pushes him off in annoyance. Me interesting? Sounds like he just wants to pester me like he was last time. But it beats talking to the rest of whoever in this house.

He sits next to me on the couch, raises his arm and leans over to me trying to rest his elbow on my shoulder. That's when I get up from the seat, causing him to fall with his face landing in the fabric. While here last time, he'd constantly lean on me to get a reaction, so he's become somewhat predictable. "Why do you feel the need to do that, Blight?" His eyes wonder the room and then back to me with a shrug adding to it. "So? I do that to all my friends." The Blight sits up and pats the space of the seat next to him as an invitation.

First I step back and defensively cross my arms. "Let me get one thing clear. We're not friends. I call you 'Blight' and not your real name because I know nothing about you. I don't even want to be here. Why should I care about being your friend?" My eyelids lower to show a squinty glare at him. For once I make the mistake of thinking he doesn't know what to say. "Ok. Toooouuuchyyyy." sits on my head. It actually feels nice- I guess.

The day continues as he won't leave me alone. He won't stop bugging me. Can't tell if I like it or hate. I guess I don't know how to feel about it because I'll be leaving eventually. Probably won't ever see him again unless we have business with the Blights. And again, he leaves with his sister. And gain, days become weeks and now I've been here a month.

The day feels hotter than usual on the boiling isles, hotter than usual actually. Hot enough for me to even bother taking off my cape. At this moment, it's morning... Just a boring little morn- but a knock at the door along with a "Hoot, hoot!" Did they knock on his face or something? Ed- I mean that woman walks to the door in her pink slippers as it's still early, then opens the door containing an owl demon. What's on the other side are two guards who hold up a scroll to her face.

"Have you seen this bo- There he is!" The one holding the scroll notices me on the couch, shoves the woman aside. At the moment, I can't tell what's on the scroll as it's not close enough but that doesn't matter as he puts it in his pocket. "Oh, good! It's about time somebody showed up." I get up just as Luz runs into the room. "Eda! What's going on-" But now she notices two large guards in the woman's home.

"You're trespassing on my proper-" The other guard grabs her wrist. "Why would he be here?!" Eda just glared at the guard who's trying to seem intimidating and shakes her hand away from the grip, holding her wrist with her other hand. "Get out or- or I'll have to do something drastic!" Is she bluffing? No she means it. Probably gonna turn into that harpy again- But something very unexpected. That hooting door devil snakes it's head into the room and bashes the guard with it's head... Not what I was expecting.

(How's that? Didn't realize this chapter was longer than usual.)