Chapter 27: A day out

"I'm leaving." I sigh out loud and walk to the window where Luz wasn't sitting, so I reach to unlock it but Edric tugs my sleeve. "Hold on, don't leave without me." He laughs, thinking I wasn't trying to just run away right now. "Let's- Let's just get out. I really don't wanna talk about this right now." Luz gives me the puppy eyes to which I just look outside to ignore it.

I get on the window, feeling his pull on my sleeve has let go while the palisman turns into a staff and moves right to my hand. From behind I feel Edric hop on... I guess one day with him couldn't hurt, right? "Ok, fine. Where to?" "Just get onto the ground and we'll go to wherever." I silently nod at his answer, fly down to the ground while placing on the sunglasses, then Rascal reforms back. 

"Now follow me. I'll take you to uh... Wherever." Without warning, Edric grabs my hand and pulls me to his direction, technically dragging me. Although it does feel nice to have someone pull me around without it having consequences of some sort. "Actually... There is one place I want to go." Edric comes to a stop and turns around but still with our hands joined. "The library." Edric raises an eyebrow with a smirk. He seems a bit confused yet humored. "Seriously? I could take you somewhere far nicer than some library." "I know but... I really, really want to learn glyphs. I'm useless without staffs and what if I don't have one with me? I'd be completely screwed."

"Actually that makes a lot of sense. Ok, I'll take you, but can we go somewhere more entertaining after a book store?" I just nod at him, because of course my idea isn't exactly a rollercoaster.

.

.

.

It didn't take so long to reach the destination where the library lies. Once we enter, it's appropriately quiet with people digging their faces in books of either history or fantasy. Not long in and the line takes quick, so we're able to walk to the librarian with ease. But seeing a poster of me behind her... A reminder I'm being hunted down like an animal. And for a sacrifice too. "Ms. I'd like a book of glyphs. The book with the most glyphs in this library. Where would it be?" My voice sounds monotone out of annoyance at the wanted poster.

"Of course. We've got a glyph book just returned today. To my knowledge the largest glyph book we have." She gets up from her chair and looks into a closet where she grabs a large book of glyphs. If my eyes could twinkle with stars, they could. To think if I didn't live with Belos all this time I could've learned magic the way Luz has.

"T-thank you." "Well, you're welcome." She seems a bit weirded out at my expression of such excitement. I just can't wait to actually learn instead of using a staff for magic.

(How was the chapter? Might stop asking the question soon.)