Chapter 110: Cutting Belos

Hunter's P.O.V.

"We're waiting." I sigh at this, turning around, looking at their faces one last time. "You don't have to go back there." I can hear Luz's voice growing small. I made sure to place Rascal on the ground who'd probably still follow.

Can't even look back at them. Even their voices cause me to feel such dread. But regardless, I walk further them till one pulls me to the three scouts by the arms. Something I've realized since escaping that mind control, I really hate feeling trapped. It's especially when the guards are near. As much as I hate being captured or apprehended, I have to do this.

Once the guard pushes me away by my shoulders, I quickly take out the notebook and tap it. No idea what the glyph is, but no time to check! A dark smoke emits from the paper and spreads all around the space near me and those scouts. Just as this happen as, I hear a larger than usual volume of footsteps in the distance, but no time to deal with that now.

They cough while I quickly cover my mouth and nose, then dashing out of the smoke and rushing to the icicle spikes I had to drop. Edric hugs me tightly, almost painfully. "Let's get out of here!" I gently push Edric off who nods with an embarrassed look till his face goes pale. "Edric, what's wrong?" 

Actually... Everyone looks deathly pale. As if seeing the Emperor himse- wait a minute! Just as I try turn my head, I feely body float up as a red aura surrounds me. Sure, being caught by guards is bad enough, but Belos?! 

"Let him g-" Edric steps to us but is stopped by Amity and Emira holding onto his shoulders. "This is... A surprise." Belos comments while my body floats backwards and towards him while I still hear those coven scouts cough.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Eda gives off a frustrated tone. "Why help him? He's only been nothing but trouble. I lower my head at this while still holding the icicles. "Blight. You hid him in your home, but look where you are now. But really it's his fault for hiding there. You were being searched for by my scouts, and it's his fault." He's right... 

"No. I'm the one who-" I float close enough to see Belos raise his arm forward with his hand gesturing to make silence. "Frankly, I don't care." The crimson aura around me disappears, causing me to fall till a hand grips behind my neck, then pulling me up. Now this is embarrassing. In front of everyone, even Edric, I'm now squirming around in The Emperor's hand like a frightened rabbit caught in a wolf's jaw.

"Now let me just-" He reaches for the icicles I'm holding, but I retaliate by stabbing in the direction my hand is already facing from the frantic flailing. Belos screams, letting go of me while blood spills onto the ground. The icicle pierced far up his arm as he hold it in pain, then pulling out the sharp object.

"RUN!" I yell while Rascal flies to me.

(Spelling? How is it?)