Chapter 137: Cursing Hunter

Hunter's P.O.V.

Right as I'm too distracted by Belos appearing in the doorway, I'm shoved to the ground by the second guard, but then I leap up to stab him in the chin through the brain. Now there's only one more- Oh no! I can't move! Belos has already cast a spell but for some reason stops. The last guard looks at me confused before readying a spell circle, but I stab the guard in the hand, then stabbing him in the head. Now that they're done with.

"GET- GET BACK HERE!" Belos screams at me, coughing while doing so. The curse must be weakening him! Good opportunity to make a dash for it! And so I run till my body freezes once more, but I'm quickly pulled back by the magic. But I'm let go just as he makes sure I'm pulled to him. And in addition to using that magic, he bends down in pain, coughing constantly, but to my surprise, grabbing me roughly by the neck.

Just as I slightly choke in his weakened grasp, I jab the the spear right through his arm, the ripping out the weapon which causes a black ooze to splash everywhere, even on my face. Obviously, he screams while holding his very damaged arm. Aaaand that's my cue to leave! Can't let myself get caught again!

Just as I make a dash to wherever, a specific sound emits from where Belos had been left in agony. First was his groaning at what state his arm was in, then he begins to scream again, and when the screams die down is a loud thumping, and now the thumping grows louder. Like a horse is galloping after me! That's not a good sign!

Now I know the curse has been acting up! I turn around at a corner, hoping to lose him but now I come to one of the dead ends of the castle. Looking back is a massive, grotesque deer with some of it's bones sticking out. Black ooze dripping out from it's eyes, nose, mouth, and throughout the body where it drips down and off of the protruding bones.

As it gets closer, the black goo seeping from it's eyes become thicker and more noticable which must be blinding it. As the black tears become more present, it sniffs more and more to find my scent. The icicle spear trembles from my shaking hands in horrific terror.

I turn my head to the side, not wanting to even look at it. Now it's way too close and I can feel it's sniffing my face, my hair slightly blowing from the breeze of the sniffing. I turn my face to the other side in an uncomfortable panic, showing my scarred cheek. Freezing shivers are sent down my spine at feeling it lick the scar of my cheek.

Now I can't take it... So I raise the spear, stabbing it right in the mouth just as it's jaws open. Letting out the loudest roar, that's when I dash for dear life till falling over when I feel it bite into my leg. 

The monster's mouth could swallow me whole, but since the wendigo is so big, it takes a while for it to back out of the dead end, so compared to it's size and mine, only a fang grazed my skin. The grazing still being deep and painful.

(How is it?)