Chapter 57: Everything will be okay

Luz's P.O.V.

I walk to the direction of my room, motioning for Hunter to follow. Which he did. And I shut the door behind us, then getting my book. I know this may seem harsh but... I block the door by standing in front of it, knowing he'd probably try to get away. I then take out my pencil a make an ice glyph, but making sure the glyph is a very tiny circle instead of the usual medium size.

Hunter knows to stand back, and to the side wall of the room. I aim the piece of paper straight in front of me off of the ground, and what comes out is a long icicle which could be used as a spear if needed.

Then I grab onto the icicle and wielding it as if a weapon. "This could be so convenient if we use it right!" I say out loud and looking to Hunter who looks so impressed but would never actually admit. "How did you know it would work this way?" Hunter asks, walking forward while looking at the long stick of ice.

"I got bored and wanted to see what tiny glyphs would look like, and then this happened!" Well... I guess he's distracted now... "Hunter. About what happened with Edric-" "You said you were just going to show me a glyph!" Now he's back to his uneasy mindset. And goes to get out of the room but I'm still blocking the way.

"I know it's none of my business, but we have to talk about this!" Looks like Hunter is going to push his way through but hesitates. "Edric told me what happened. You two kissed but that made you run in the house. We need to talk about it." Hunter just looks down, looking so embarrassed. Then I notice he's looking at the icicle.

"I guess there's no way out of it... Fine. I just ran in because I was so embarrassed." Hmm... "Why did you do it? Or did he kiss you?" He takes a sigh before continuing. "I asked him to the back of the house. Then I kissed him. I panicked and ran back inside. I'll get over it though. Because it's not like I shouldn't."

My eyebrows furrow at the end of his answer... It sounds wrong to me. "What do you mean by that? Did you even want to?" Hunter steps back, having a think for a few seconds. "Well no, but I'll grow into it." "But Hunter. That's not healthy. You shouldn't kiss him if you don't want to."

"Are you sure?" Hunter really has no idea about relationships, doesn't he? "Sometimes me and Amity kiss on the lips we always ask the other if it's okay. If the other isn't comfortable with it, we wait because we love each other. But that sounds like something you'd say about Belos. About trying to impress someone so they won't be disappointed."

Hunter puts two hands up in defense. "No! No, I'm- Oh no... And I'm doing it again.." I walk to him, putting the icicle down, then putting my hands on his shoulders. "Hunter. Hunter, look at me. Everything will be okay. But he's not looking at me. Still looking at the icicle.

He looks down, eyes half closed. "But what if he leaves me?" "Edric wouldn't do that. Tell him how you feel and he'll understand. Or do you want me to tell him?" Seconds of silence makes itself present. "Wouldn't it be cowardly of me to make you do it?" At first I don't know how to answer that till I find the words. "No. Everyone has something they're scared of. I actually want to if you don't." 

He takes a breath before telling me "Ok.. ok."

(How was it? Spelling errors?)