Chapter 167: Who cares if they die?

Demante's P.O.V.

He's still crying... And once my partner begins the call, he hands the crying infant over to me. "Just hold it." He already gives him to me, though I didn't give an answer. I haven't held a baby is so long though! But with no choice, I hold the baby by the torso. But as I worry I'm holding him too tightly, I keep him in both my arms as if they're a hammock. This luckily calms down his crying, though whimpering a few times.

"Well, we found him. The 'parents' really didn't want us to have him though. Everyone would've heard your announcement right now. What should we do about them?" I hear my partner ask just as I walk behind him to see Kikimora and Belos on the screen. Momentarily, I look back to the clearly upset couple. Hurts my heart to see a couple wanting a child so badly, just to have one ripped away from them.

At first I sigh, but that sigh is interrupted by my own gasp at what I hear from The Emperor. "Kill them. This is far too important to me and I can't have people trying to ruin things for me. I hope you two understand?" My partner nods as I'm just in shock. I've seen guards kill innocence just for breaking rules, but I've never heard Emperor Belos tell a guard to do so with such a cold heart. He has instructed to kill before, but I only saw him instruct so when someone has done a heinous crime. What about the other innocent murders he's caused without me seeing it? "Who cares if they die?" He comments, adding onto the coldness of his soul.

"Oh no! It's not here!" I pat my pocket with an idea. "I must've left something in the house!" The guard just shakes his head. "Fine, but make it quick. Gotta get back home for dinner." And so I go him back the baby, then rushing back inside while ignoring the couple's both furious and despaired stares.

And running to the couple's bedroom, I grab two photos which show the once happy couple. When he's older, maybe I could show these to him. Despite them not having him for long. So I place the photo into my pocket as these uniforms have big pockets. And once I make my way outside I am greeted to the couple being so frightened, they're being backed into the hallway.

As he's holding the again crying infant in one arm, he uses his free hand to cast an ice spell. To spikes, driving right through their hearts perfectly. I just freeze up as the baby sounds as if screaming from crying so hard.

(How is it? Rushed?)