Chapter 62: Tearing into me

Hunter's P.O.V. 

The goo washes over Darius, forming into an orb to trap him as it once did to me. Easily, he breaks free as purple spikes protrude from the orb. Once out, he reaches under his cape and brings out something gold and shiny... A chain? But something about the end of it... Spikes? Can't stay around to find out! "RUN!" I yell out loud to everybody since four of us aren't any match for even just one of these witches.

Rascal becomes the form of a staff, so I jump on, pulling Edric with me. Rascal flies up quickly but comes to a stop, making me gasp in horror while Edric holds onto me even tighter. We're pulled down almost to the ground but held up by goo. 

Darius has now fully transformed himself into the purple goo and looking really pissed. Suddenly, fire flashes from the back and burns his back causing him to scream and release us. This buys us some time, or so I thought as I fly back up with Edric, but feel we're getting yanked back down again. But it's Rascal being pulled. We fall down onto the ground this time, but luckily weren't too high up.

I look to see Rascal had been caught by that chain, but returns back to it's avian form and flies to me... Guess we can't fly right now. And I notice Darius is distracted, chasing Luz and Amity. "Just get away!" Amity yells, not to Darius but to us. But we can't really fly unless they can't see us..

Edric grabs my hand and pulls me, then running through the trees. And I notice something dark and round in the distance. Edric runs to it, checking if it's useful and it's a hole in the ground. But what caused the ho- ugh! No time to think! I step forward but feel Edric hold me still. "We aren't actually going down there are we?!"

"It's either that or you're taken to the conformatorium and I'm tortured by the Emperor." He sighs. "Can't believe I'm doing this..." And he jumps in with a huge splash after. I step forward, about to jump into the darkness but feel the most horrific pain build into my waist. I don't think these scars the Emperor delivered to me hurt so much.

Screeching so loud anyone in the forest could hear, I look to my side and see something glimmering with gold dug through the fabric of my shirt and into my skin, spreading an unsightly amount of blood. The imitation of jaws on the chain have clamped down, piercing into my flesh. "JUMP! JUMP!" Edric yells, probably not aware of what happened but would've heard my bloodcurdling scream.

I jump, not wanting to be delivered to the Emperor like some animal. But a itsy bitsy teeny tiny issue... While jumping down while this piece of metal is attached to my skin, I feel the meat of my side tear off while whoever's welding the chain is pulling it, forcing me near out of the hole and tugging onto me tighter. I can't even see Edric in this light!

(Spelling errors? How is it?)