Chapter 83: Getting him back

Remember that time Gus tried to fight Lilith? Imagine this:

Edric: *sees Hunter has been kidnapped, so he makes a clone* Ha! Two against one!

Darius: *kills the clone*

Edric: ...

Edric's P.O.V.

Many magic spells pour around the area. Willow attacking by using vines. Me, Emira and Gus using illusions and clones. Luz with her glyphs. King who screeches. Eda as her harpy form while Lilith uses Hooty to fight. Hooty wraps around Darius who can't comprehend in the tube-like bird making contact with him.

"Get it off! GET IT OFF!" He morphs into that blob of ooze and melts away from the bird, just to be free from his grasp. Don't think he's been cleaned all that well either.

Just as I create a blue circle in the air, I look over to Amity's direction and see... Hunter's collapsed on the ground! As worry washes over me, I make a move to run in his direction, hoping he's okay. But as I just make a few running steps, I feel a huge pain shoot into my shoulder. Looking at my side, I see the little red lady has shot a blast of magic at me, and is going to make another.

Just as she shoots at me, I dodge just in time. I create a clone with my magic and go to run to Hunter who might actually dead! "GET OFF!" Seems Hooty is still giving Darius a tough time. But just as I almost make it to Hunter, magic blasts to the ground, almost hitting my foot. I look over to her but noticing Luz sneaking behind Darius in his gooey form. Than climbing a tree till she jumps off to pounce on him.

She's on his shoulders and is places a piece of paper over his eyes, the paper having flames emerge to his face. In agony he screams while covering his face and shaking off Luz. Kikimora looks to Hunter, making a circle in his direction and aims the blast of magic. Quickly, Amity summons an abomination to block it. Though the gooey figure melts away, it was a successful shield.

Now she's probably gonna use him to distract us.. but Eda quickly swoops down and viscously bashes her down just as she makes another circle. Once she's attacked, she faceplants and the magic circle sets off, aiming into the ground but injuring her in the process. Eda picks her up and throws her to a tree. Darius is still covering his face in pain, but blindly throws his goo all around and creating spikes.

The spikes mostly missing but leaving cuts on a few of us. "JUST RUN! WE'VE GOT HIM NOW!" Eda yells, picking up Hunter in his arms while the group runs off. We got lucky, but maybe they'd be more on alert next time.

We run out of the forest, and near town. So Eda reverts back from her harpy form. Hunter still has his helmet on but the only part of his body showing are his arms. "The guy's not dead, is he?!" Gus questions out loud, which too is my question. "No. He's probably just exhausted. Look at the bruises on his arms. Probably worse injuries all over him too." Luz removes the helmet, wanting to see for any injuries on the face.

On his neck is a ring-shaped bruise, as if choked. Multiple other bruises on his face along with a few cuts here and there. His hair I notice having an undercut again.

I didn't notice it before, but after time had passed during his stay at The Owl House, he slowly lost the undercut due to his hair slightly growing.

(Spelling? And how is it?)