Chapter 139: Golden sapphire

Hunter's P.O.V.

Just when we finally return back home, I run up to my room, ignoring Raine who walks forward to me. "Hunter! There you- Look at me when I'm talking to you!" Now I just run to my room, shutting the door behind me and locking it before sitting down to look at my leg. Though I can walk, it's still very painful... And that black liquid is completely stuck inside of me.

What do I even tell Ed- Oh right! I need to apologize! Picking up the scroll, I place it up to my face and go to my messages, immediately choosing Edric. He must be so angry. With me not listening to him and just leaving. And just as I begin to type, Rascal flies to me, snuggling up on my shoulder. In response, I give him a pat on the head, trying to let him know I'll be fine... But probably not.

What do I even say? Not the best at apologies.

'Edric. I'm back. I'm fine and Eda told me I'm grounded, so I'll be staying home for a while. And I'm sorry for everything I said. I didn't mean it. But you should stay away from me for a while. I might say something I'll regret.'. 

But that's not the reason I need him away from me. I have no idea when the curse will take effect, or if I even have it. And if Edric's nearby if it happens, things won't go well. Don't even know how to tell King or Raine. To make things worse, Luz us coming by to visit tomorrow, which means Amity who might bring Edric along. A slim chance being Emira coming too.

Edric doesn't seem to be active on social media right now, which I don't know if I'm comfortable we with or not. Don't know wether I want him to respond now or later. Did Raine stop walking after me? That's weird.

And a sudden knock on my door, making me flinch a bit. "Hunter. Please let me in. I'm not angry." Raine sounding soft, showing they aren't here to scold me, but just to talk. With a nervous sigh, I get up and unlock the door, not only to see them but Eda as well. Eda who has something clenched in her fist.

"Eda just told me what happened." My eyes shift to her. "You told them?" Should I be angry? Maybe not. Not sure at all. "She did the right thing telling me. But if that actually did curse you, Eda has something to show if you will transform."

Eda opens up her hand to reveal a gem in her hand. Must be a gem to indicate when the curse forms. I suppose it is something I might need. But the others can't know. The gem is what looks to be a gold sapphire.

(How is it?)