Chapter 88: You're giving this to me?

Hunter's P.O.V.

Right now, I'm just sitting down while leaning on the house. Edric who has followed me outside. "Are you okay?" "Yeah. I'm just being dramatic or whatever someone's going to say." Plenty of people have said things about me as The Golden Guard. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. But now they're gonna be mostly negative as I'm once again free from The Emperor's birdcage.

"But there's something I want to talk to you about. When you were still unconscious, me and Luz flew back to Blight Manor. Because I have an old scroll before getting my new one." He takes out a scroll which must be the older one he was talking about. "I want you to have it." I go slightly wide-eyed at this.

"You're giving this to me?" "Yeah. I know it's kinda old but-" And I outstretch my arms. "What're you doing?" My face heats up even in the cold air. "I'm... Wanting to hug you." This is embarrassing. Still feeling weird about hugging the guy I've been with for a while- He hugs me all of a sudden, and I wrap my arms around him in return.

"Let's go back inside. You'll get cold out here-" He holds my hand, stepping forward to get me inside but I pull my hand away. "Wait. There's something I need to tell you too. About Belos." "Are you sure you want to talk about it?" I shake my head. "Not really, but now is a good time to do it. I want to get everything out in the open because I need to move on. And since people are so curious, now's a good time."

"But if you're not comfortable with it, you don't have to." "Thank you, Ed." I reach to open the door, but he surprise kisses my cheek. I still need to get used to his level of affection. While the pink spreads quickly to my face and ears once again as I open the door. Being greeted by Luz, Hooty and Lilith who look into my direction.

I sit down on the lounge chair, feeling awkward at sitting next to Lilith. "Well... Lilith. I know you're curious about Belos and the 'special treatment'." I place up my hands with both hands having two fingers go up and down.

"Does anyone have any questions? I'm willing to answer." And I brace myself for what's to be asked from everyone's curiosities. Lilith opens her mouth to talk but Luz is quick to ask. "How'd you get that scar?"

"I failed a mission and he turned his arm into a branch to stab me in the face." Luz and Lilith look at one another surprised at my blunt response. Edric puts a hand over his mouth. "I.. thought you had an accident." Lilith tells me. "Well technically. It's not like I failed on purpose." I chuckle but stop laughing at noticing everyone's still shocked expression.

(Spelling? Is everyone in character? Can't tell if I'm being dramatic. They might react as someone would, but I'm so dramatic myself I need to be sure just in case)