Chapter 126: Keeping The Owl House safe

Hunter's P.O.V.

Good... Out of sight. But maybe I should get away further. If they see me in the forest, Eda, Raine and King are given away! And so I use the artificial staff to teleport while Rascal is still perched up on my shoulder.

And in a red flash, the scenery changes from a forest to a public setting. And just now I notice a cold settling on my skin. the tank top isn't really helping the fact it's night, making it chilly for me. I hug myself, trying to keep how much warmth I can. The only other problem is I'm out in the open with a few people around. Gotta get to somewhere private! And just as I walk to go look for a private space, I hear the indication of another message from the scroll. So I pick it up, lifting it to my face. 

'Hello?'. Guess I should finally reply to Ed after all this time. 

'I'm up, I'm up. I was just busy'. I really don't want to worry him.

When looking up, I head further away from anyone in my sight and leaning against a building's wall with no source of light aside from the scroll.

'I'm like totes gonna visit tomorrow!!! What should we do?' Edric replies, causing excitement within me with a slight blush.

'I don't know. We could fly somewhere? Maybe do something spe-'  But I immediately stop what I'm texting and placing the scroll back into my pocket. The reason I'm doing that is because of the footsteps I hear coming my way, making me step back, further into the darkness.

As the footsteps grow near and near, I walk even more further and away. "Hey, wait!" Now he's running, but just as I raise my staff, he grabs my arm roughly. "Isn't it a bit late for kids like you to be out? Where are your parents?" I shake my hand off. "I'm 19! I'm not that young." "But you look short. You shouldn't be out so late when The Golden Guard could strike at any time." Scoffing at the guy, I just tell him "I'm not that short!"

But just as my ahem.. short temper gets the best of me, he pulls me with him a near light to get a better look at me. Though I can't see his face through his mask, I can definitely his reaction is definitely from shock.

Without a thought, the guy rushes to me and pins me to the wall. One hand pinning my left wrist beside my head, while other pins my right forearm above my head. Then regaining his composure, he takes away my staff and uses one hand to pin both wrists above my head.

(How is it?)