Chapter 141: Will he be okay?

Edric's P.O.V.

Raine opens their mouth to say something, but covers their mouth again. "If you don't come out, no dinner!" Eda calls to the door. "Eda!" Raine who's the more softer parent tells Eda. "I'm bluffing." The motherly figure replies. "I can hear you!" Hunter calls out.

"Get out here, you... Uh- giant eared cretin!" Amity who tries to insult Hunter in an attempt to get him out of the room. "I bet palisman look for shade under those giant ears!" No answer. "Well he uhh..." Raine starts out. "Let's just move to the living room and relax. Maybe he'll come out"

Luz glances at them with a skeptical look. "Are you sure?" "Yes. Just come along." Raine gives us a wink, as if they're ready to say whatever's on their mind. Eda catches onto this and walks with Raine to the other room.

I hesitate while following, looking back to Hunter's door before actually going to follow Raine and the others.

"Actually, there's something going on with Hunter. He wouldn't want us to say anything, but I think you all should know." Raine starts out as Eda nods to what they're saying.

"Hunter... Might be cursed." No wonder they were having so much trouble saying whatever was on their mind! "How did that happen?!" Luz asks while everyone aside from the two who knew were in shock. And doesn't seem like King knew. "But you say maybe. You don't even know?" Amity questions as I have no idea what to say.

"Will he die?!" I blurt out with no other thoughts consuming my mind. "No! No, no, no. We don't know because... A bit ago, he was captured by Belos. But Belos apparently is cursed. He told us Belos scratched him in his cursed form and spilled some liquid into the wound. And if he's correct about his fears, then he's cursed." Raine explains.

So this is why he was trying to get us to go away. Eda speaks up. "And I have him a gem to see if the curse will grow." "But what about those potions you drank? Should we make more of those?" Luz has a point as I rush up to go talk to Hunter, hearing someone run after me.

"Hunter!" "I thought you left." This is going to be difficult. "I know about your curse. I'm not scared though." Makes me wonder what he'll turn into. Will he be a harpy too? That'd be ho- "Great! Now everyone knows. And I don't even know if it'll actually happen. If it'll hurt." I look behind me and see Amity has followed, now Luz who's behind her. 

"Hunter. I asked Eda what's for dinner. Burgers. You don't wanna miss out, do you?~" I wouldn't have to look at her to know she's cheekily smirking. "Sauce, soft bread, tender meat, and it'll smell soooo good!" A small silence. Ooo! Is he tempted?

(Is it boring? And did I misgender Raine again? Hopefully not. And that was an Atlas reference. Might slip in more)