Chapter 64: Protection

(Originally, Hunter was going to avoid being drugged. Instead of being stuck under his arm, he would've been kept over his shoulder. Then he would've gotten desperate enough to escape, he would've bitten off his ear. Darius is already a dramatic b*tch, so imagine the reaction if it would freak out anyone!)

Amity's P.O.V.

After flying back to the exit of the forest, me and Luz look around, taking a look at the houses and more of a lack of trees than in the forest. "But... Where's Edric and Hunter?" I ask out loud not sure where the two are. "Should we go back?" I continue, looking to Luz. "You sure they didn't just go to Eda's place before us? I'm sure they would've made it out of the forest by now-" And out of nowhere... Such an bloodcurdling scream most likely caused from pain emerged. Couldn't have been Edric but sounded definitely like Hunter's.

"We- we have to go-" I pull Luz's arm, wanting to help but I must warn her. "Hold it, Luz! You have to be careful! These are coven leaders!" Luz looks back to me with big eyes, about to tear up. "I know, I know. I'm not stupid. But we've gotta go now! They could be killed!" A sigh escapes from me before hopping onto my staff, then pulling her on with me. 

I may not be 100% with Hunter and still a little cautious at times with him. But he's gained some of my trust. He healed Luz that the she scraped her leg. He hasn't done anything to anyone for the months he's been with Eda. And definitely cares about Edric. My feline palisman flies up and up and up till we're above the trees. And so we soar across the nature, both me and my girlfriend looking down throughout to catch any sign.

And I notice a very odd color within the forest. A deep purple. Gotta be them! I make sure we fly to a safer distance, not wanting to be seen while I get my magic ready, but can we do this? I notice Luz making a a glyph. Then another till it becomes six. Only one of them is different. "It's an invisibility glyph, but when I breath it stops. I've got thirty seconds. Ya ready?" I nod at Luz's whispers before she then places it on herself, now not able to be seen.

Hunter is... Bleeding. Maybe I wouldn't be surprised as these two are obviously quite powerful but... I notice a huge tear in his shirt, showing he's been bitten by something in his side. Actually looks unsightly. Right now, he's trying to stand while using an icicle as a cane but ends up passing out on the forest floor.

"All this trouble for him? My payment better be worth it." The tall man effortlessly picks up Hunter by the back of the shirt and places him over his shoulder, heading to walk off. But a flash of lightning heads their way and strikes the orange one in the leg. "WHA- WHAT TH-" And a second bolt of lightning strikes the tall guy in the torso, probably effecting Hunter, earning a gasp from Luz. Probably forgot lightning would effect him too.

But just as her form shows, she grows frantic and taps the pieces of paper, launching three more bolts at them and luckily missing Hunter who's still unconscious. 

(Spelling errors? And how is it?)