Chapter 24: Goodnight, Hunter.

Luckily, nobody has entered the room yet except for the few times Edric would re-enter the space. And during those times of constantly returning, he'd bring a sleeping bag, two blankets and a few pillows to the room as I'd obviously be sleeping under his bed. "I know it's probably not like your room back at the castle... Sleeping under a bed and all but at least you aren't sleeping outside, right."

I just nod silently at his statement till he states more. "I think you should talk to Luz sometime. Whatever happened, she'll probably forgive you." My reaction is to nervously rub my arm and look to the bed. "I know. But I don't know if I can. I'd probably get her in trouble just by being around her. And are you completely sure you'll be safe with me sleeping in your room?" "Of course! Just trust me." He seems way too confident. But I suppose there's not much else for me to do.

At the moment, the sky is cloaked in a dark, navy blanket. Even now I feel the need to sleep, but especially now as I'm finally gonna be able to sleep warmly this time. Hopefully I'll be warm at least. "Well, I'll be going to be- floor. I'll see you in the morning I guess." I take off the hoodie but leaving my collared shirt on. "Ok, then... Well goodnight, Hunter."

Goodnight, Hunter

Goodnight, Hunter

Goodnight, Hunter...

Those words hit me like a ton of bricks... I didn't think I'd be affected by such meaningless words but that's what Belos would tell me every night. 'Goodnight, Hunter'. Every single time and so specifically every single time. "Are you okay? You fine?" This snaps me out of my brief trance. "I'm- I'll be fine. Just tired is all." Edric says nothing else while I drop to the ground and get inside of my sleeping cocoon. Then placing the blanket on top.

These pillows are so comfortable... Even more comfy than the pillows Belos had given me. Not gonna lie, feels pretty good. A creak is heard. El"Is it touching you? Are you being squished to death?" Dramatic much? "No, no. There's a lot of room under here. Let's just go to sleep." "Ok. Goodnight, Hunter."

And there it is again. Those words are so simple, but still.

Let's just get this night over with. How do I stop thinking about those words? Ok... But the only thing I can think about is either Belos or Edric. As weird as it sounds, I'll just focus my attention on Edric. Why's he being so nice? I like it, but it's so weird. I'm pretty much an acquaintance at most. Not like I'm nice to him.

.

.

.

And suddenly my vision is pitch black... And then it becomes a dark brown, then a crimson red till my vision is completely cleared. I... Why can't I move?

(How was that? And in the show, do you think Hunter will be redeemed)