Chapter 129: Relationship squabbling

Edric's P.O.V.

"And what if she comes back? Who knows? Even you might get in trouble because of me." At first I wanted to scold him for lying to me, but he's got a point. "Worst case scenario, I'll just have to run away." But he says that so casually?! As he does so, placing his scroll on the ground looking a little tired, since he couldn't have slept for long last night.

"Aren't you being a bit dramatic? You don't need to run away." And now we're plain arguing. "But put yourself in my shoes. Wouldn't you be tired? The only sensible thing to do would to run o-" "But this could hurt Luz. And hurting Luz would hurt Amity. And your family. And me!" I don't even want to hear about him running off, and maybe without me being able to see him again.

"What do you expect me to do when it happens?" "You mean if it happens." Hunter just gets up, and puts on his white and gold hoodie. "We're done talking about this!" I get up, knowing we should be talking more about the subject at hand. "Or should we just have some time apart?" As he says such a thing, he puts his hand to his chin in serious thoughts.

"What do you mean by that?" I really don't like where this is heading... "Maybe you aren't exactly happy with me? I'm always gone, and you obviously worry for my safety. You can't be happy like that." Though I detect his sympathetic tone, I still don't understand why he's saying all this. "Then just stop doing it! You've already got the coven fooled, so why bother to do it more!" Never thought I'd actually be so angry with him. I just need him to take things easy for once.

"Actually, I think we do need some time apart." Picking up his artificial staff, then raising it, I lunge to him, then snatching it out of his grasp. Seems Rascal was going to attempt the same thing as I.

"Wha- You don't need to be so dramatic!" Hunter glares at me, stepping closer, obviously wanting the staff. "QUIET!" King bursts in, obviously annoyed. Just as my eyes focus on King in distraction, Hunter grabs the staff out from my hands. 

At first, my words stutter while my eyes widen. "Hunter! Just hold on!" But then he vanishes. Disappearing fast enough so even Rascal wasn't able to fly to his side. And in the corner of my eye, I notice he's still left his scroll on the ground... I have no idea where he is, and I can't contact him..

(Spelling? And was I being too dramatic?)