Chapter 11: Don't go!

"Hooty, stop-" That's the first time I've used any of their names out loud... Getting up from the couch, I open my mouth to speak "Just let me go back. If two are here now, more will come here. You're only putting yourselves in danger if you have me around." That girl looks at me with furrowed eyebrows. "Hunter, no! I- I don't know everything but I know the Emperor has been doing s-" "What do you know anyway? It's not like you'd here his side of the story." King runs into the room confused. The Owl Lady however has a look of being unsure, that human steps forward but hesitates and the annoying owl is just hovering there, looking at the others like it's waiting for an order.

"Fine. I guess there's no point in fighting it anymore. You obviously don't want to be here and won't change your mind." "But Eda-" The human tries to argue but that woman just shakes her head at her, a way to tell her not to waste her breath. Guess the only thing to do now is leave. I grab my cape and head out with the guards by my side. In the corner of my eye is the cardinal palisman, in the corner of the room but that leaves my vision soon.

Once out of the house, a curiosity seeps into my mind. "How'd you know I was here?" The guard pulls out the scroll and shows a Pentstagram picture of the Blight brother taking a selfie of him and myself while I slept. Must've been the day when we first met, huh? The caption reads 'Feeling pretty today, might sit on him so he wakes up'. I can't help but let out a chuckle at that. Honestly it was nice in that house, now that I think of it.

So soothing... At the time I hated that talking owl but he was just trying to be friendly. The little monster was like the first time, oddly endearing. The Owl Lady was interesting, fun, and chaotic but soothing. That human was soothing too. She should've been upset with me but she just wanted to help me. And that Blight brother. I don't think I'll ever see him aga-

"We have to move. Belos has been throwing more temper tantrums than usual, so prepare yourself for the tantrum of a lifetime." The other guard informs me to which I feel my heart beat quicken... I knew he'd be angry the whole time but.. what will he do to me...? 

As we walk through the town my eyes notice the posters place to place. Me with my golden helmet but my descriptions at the bottom. Once we left the property of that Owl Lady, I put on my cape to hide my face along with putting my head down, but not enough to be blind to my surroundings. It feels like hours we walk through town and then we eventually make it to the castle.

It was a good month. Actually the best month of my life but I can't have that. I have more important things to do than pretending to like my captors.

(How was it?)