Chapter 39: Confession

Edric's P.O.V.

Blurriness. At first my vision is pure blurs till my eyesight finally adjusts. Then I pull my head up and notice my scroll is still on... I made sure to adjust the settings so the screen doesn't go to black for hours. What if someone saw?! Great... Hunter couldn't have seen, right? He's either asleep or practicing magic.

I get up, turn off the scroll, place it in my pocket and go to check where he is. I notice him sitting on the floor in the corner in the living room, but surrounded by light orbs. Five of them. He looks up at me, hearing my footsteps but rapidly looks down to the paper, as if embarrassed. And is he... Blushing? 

Great. He saw, didn't he? Of course the light spells are mastered as it's one of the easiest spells to cast. So why am I impressed? Though it feels awkward, I gotta make sure. I walk near to him, sitting on the chair closest to him. "So... Hunter..." I just need to make sure he didn't see those messages. But how can I do that? No idea how to. But I really wanna make su-

He breaks the silence with a sigh of... He's not annoyed. Weird. He's always annoyed by me. "Edric. I don't know how else to say this, so I'll come right out with it. I saw your messages with Emira. I know, I know that's your own business, but I saw my own name and got nervous. And- I know this doesn't make up for it but I'm sorry."

At first I was frustrated but then that becomes embarrassment at the topic of those texts. "I uh... What do you think?" In all honesty, I have no idea what to say about him finding out about all this. "I don't know-" Then I interrupt. "Fine, if you want I'll just try to keep my distanc- what? What do you mean you don't know?" I actually thought he was going to give me a cold, harsh rejection.

"Edric. I haven't been in love with anyone before. I don't know if I should say yes or no. I want to fall in love because some couples talk about how happy they are. But I don't know if I can fall in love." He sounds so sad. "How do I love someone like that?" My embarrassment vanishes but now I just feel confused at how to explain something like that.

"I don't know? It just happens I think?" Hunter just goes back to making those light orbs with a sombre look. I think even Amity could say it better. "But why do you like me? You could choose a better witch to be with." Now he just sounds salty.

We just sit there in silence, him being very uhh... Probably in a pit of negative emotions. I have no idea how to answer his questions.

(Spelling errors? How was it?)