Chapter 84: A really bad dream

Hunter's P.O.V.

"I'm the only one who ever gave a damn about you."

"Pest."

"Runt."

Those words echo in my head while my vision becomes dark as the veins encase my body. My frantic eyes dart around in a panic as I have no escape. Nobody's here to protect me this time... And all I'll ever be is a vessel to be under possession of another. "N-NO! WAIT!" And though my vision is still dark... I'm somewhere entirely different. The Owl House? Midnight too. It was just a dream. A really bad dream.

"I have a stick and I'm not afraid to use it!" Luz blurts out loud with an icicle but then lowers it. "Hunter! You're awake!" Luz tells me as I notice Edric has fallen out of the lounge chair. "Who goes there!" Eda turns on the lights, annoying my eyes. King runs into the room on all fores, looking around on alert.

And... Rascal? He flaps up in surprise. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake anyone. I had a really bad dream. I need some water-" I get up- I mean, I try to get up. The first step I take results in me falling over as I feel a huge pain in my legs. But as my body hits the floor, I feel the pain spread everywhere. Especially on my wrist, where my coven brand is.

Edric and Luz run to me, helping me up and pulling me back on the couch. My helmet is right next to the couch? And my white cape? "How'd- where'd this come from?" "Do you not remember?" Luz questions me while everyone looks confused. 

"What do you mean?" "Do you not remember getting kidnapped by Darius?" I think for a moment. "... That's what happened in the dream." I rub my head but feel every spot on my body ache in pain. "That wasn't a dream. They dragged you back to The Emperor and turned you into a mind puppet." Eda explains. "Then how am I back here? I should be dead!" "We uhh..." Edric starts out. "We may have had to cut off your brand." I look at my wrist and see a bandage covering it.

"Wh.. so I was actually taken by The Emperor?" Most of them nod. And Kikimora really did use that spell on me. "Do you know who did this to you?" Edric is referring to the bruises I can now see on my arms. I notice I'm back in my tank top as they probably had to check for more injuries. "No. I don't. Could've been Belos. Kikimora. Darius or someone else."

"Wait- I didn't hurt anyone, did I?!" I glance around, checking for any injuries on their exposed skin. "Not us. You were tied down by abomination goo. And when you were freed from mind control, you collapsed. We thought you were dead for a minute." Luz informs me. At first I sigh in relief but feel a starving sensation. The growl from my stomach makes itself heard as the room is silent for a couple seconds.

Edric speaks up. "Do they usually feed mind slaves?" I shake my head. "Only small portions of water and food a day." Luz rushes to the kitchen. "Nani! You must be starving!", And I hear the fridge open.

(Spelling errors? And the bromance should progress now. Sorry if it seems low, but I feel like this is more realistic)