Chapter 128: Seeing Hunter again

Edric's P.O.V.

Hmm... Now that I think about it, even when Hunter's scared, he still looks mighty fine- "Edric? Are you here to see Hunter?" Raine snaps me out of my... Thoughts. "He's in his.. room." Raine gives me a weird look. Don't know why. Like something awkward happened. Doesn't matter! Probably Eda said something weird and they can't stop thinking about it or something else.

And so I go up to Hunter's room, not even knocking. And I see he's not even dressed in morning attire. Just in his pajamas. "Come iiiin." Hunter tells me sarcastically since I didn't knock. Already walking to him with a fast pace before sitting down next to him. "Hunter, what do you want to do today?" Is my question, ignoring is slightly annoyed look while I remember him not returning my messages.

"I tried to ask, but you didn't answer my messaging." Hunter's annoyed expression forms into what a deer in headlights would show. "I fell asleep." I'd believe him, but something about that look. "Are you lying?" My eyes narrow just as he looks down. "No. No, I'm not." "You're looking away. I wouldn't lie to you, would I?" He sighs at what I tell him.

"I got grabbed." He says it slightly quick speed, and that's all he tells with no more context at this moment. "You got grabbed? Why were you out there at this time?" "A witch saw me through the window and could tell it was me. She was about to find me, so I teleported in town. I was texting you, but got grabbed."

And that's when I notice his wrists having a ring of bruises. Lightly bruised, but still an injury to my Hunter nonetheless. Immediately I grab one of his hands and placing it closer to my eyesight. In my sight is Hunter wincing at my accidentally rough grip on his hand, so I loosen it to a gentle degree. But still, I look at the bruise hoping it's not serious.

"Emerald, I'm fine-" "I'm not going to let you brush it off this time. Everytime your in danger, you tell me it's not a big deal." So I examine the mark more. Luckily, it's not too bad. "Why would you like to me?" Hunter looks very anxious, like back then when we first met. Back at that time, he would always show hints of being nervous in one way or another.

"I didn't want you to worry. You tell me how much you worry, so I didn't want to make it worse." "Then stop going out there." I firmly tell Hunter, knowing it's too dangerous.