Chapter 161: Not what it looks like!

(The picture is by me. Edric comforting Hunter who's becoming a wendigo)

Edric's P.O.V.

"Sorry, Eda. I didn't mean to make so much noise but Hunter-" I pause at noticing why she looks so shocked. Trying to get a look at Hunter's exposed shoulder doesn't exactly look normal here. Going red on every part on my face, I immediately let go in full embarrassment. And it seems Hunter just caught on too as he quickly backs away frantically till against the couch's arm. I just let out a nervous chuckle while he adjusts his sweater to fully cover himself.

"This is definitely not what it looks like!" And to my pain, Raine enters. As if this isn't embarrassing enough. But as they're behind Eda, she doesn't notice them. "It looks like to me you're trying to get freaky in the damn living room." She faceplalms while Raine goes "WHAT?!" How can this get any worse?! "Be quiet!" King runs in, annoyed at the ruckus. "Go upstairs King! Or outside." Eda replies to which the demon sighs in annoyance before walking off. And I notice Rascal flying to us from Hunter's room, who must've been laying about till the chaos started.

Hunter sits up and puts his hand to his face while groaning. "It's not what it looked like, ok?" He tells them, his voice slightly muffled but still understandable. "What uh... What did you see, Eda?" Raine looks traumatized already. "He was pulling down Hunter's sleeve to take a look at his bare shoulder." Raine gasps. "The audacity!" 

"Well that's... Kind of true. But I swear, we weren't doing what you think we were!" "Then explain it. And softly." Raine tells us while covering their own eyes. "Well I saw him-" And to this, Hunter speaks up, putting his hand away from his face. "I just had a bruise from bumping my shoulder on something. He was just checking how bad it was." To this, Raine makes a mixture of a gasp and sigh in huge relief. Relief as if they dodged a near death experience. Eda narrows her eyes, showing she's much smarter than that. "You were pretty quick when Edric could've answered that." She may be a drunk, but she's no idiot.

"Edric. Is he telling the truth." I nod to her but she still seems skeptical due to my expression. Even if I was telling the truth, I'd still be nervous. Especially considering the circumstances. "Let's see the bruise." Hunter pinches the material of clothing as if to lift it but then grips his shoulder. "Ah! No, no. It hurts too much to move it!" "You didn't have any problems before." Eda continues.

He won't even show this charm to Eda or Raine?

(Fun awkward chapter to write. Raine being innocent was especially fun to write. Spelling?)