Chapter 132: Golden damsel in distress

Edric's P.O.V.

He's been gone for a while now... Why did he have to leave like that?! I told Eda and Raine who went to go look for him, but they just couldn't. Please be okay... Please be okay... Or maybe should just take my mind off of it? Ok. Pulling out my scroll, I log into Pentstagram, still feeling anxious but maybe some social mingling will help.

But it hits me.. Back at times when Hunter was getting caught, someone would make a hashtag of The Golden Guard. Maybe that'll be the case... But better not. Once I type in the hashtag, I look to the newest posts. First I see him on a building shooting magic at a few scouts. He must be having fun, huh? What was I worrying ab- Wait, what?! 

The next is Hunter strapped behind someone like a backpack. His legs, wrists and arms being bound, showing how restrained he is from any movement. The picture by some guy simply named 'Steve'.

"No... No, no..." That's all I can tell myself at the utter horror I'm witnessing. But I get up and dash out the room, looking for Eda who's on the couch, also on her scroll. "Eda! Look!" She rolls her eyes, then decides to take a gander, but her annoyance becomes the same as my expression. "What are we going to do?" I don't know how we'll be able to pull this off. Obviously, we can't be seen, but when Eda avoided being turned into a statue, the castle had more security. And after saving Raine would too double security, so I don't know what we can do.

She puts her hand to her forehead. "I'll fly there by myself." "Are you sure that's the best idea?" She nods. "Afraid so. Taking a group to get him back would be too noticable, even if we split up like last time. I can fly out of there, and... Where's that glyph book. I need an invisibility spell." She goes and heads up to Hunter's room.

But I want to help too. "Can't I do anything?" Following Eda, I see she's already found it. "No. You can't. And would Hunter think if you got hurt because I let you come along?" As much as I wanted to argue, she's right. Hunter might actually hold a grudge, and I might actually die if I try and fight a guard. Haven't tested my strength on a guard yet, but it didn't exactly go well last time.

(How is it? Spelling?)

(I've come to realize, Hunter has become a vine magnet. Might make fanart of it because it's probably gonna happen so much, it'll be a running gag)