Chapter 113: Useless

(The reason Hunter got so tired was because Belos had a flower under his cape. Hunter inhaled a bit and it got him tired.)

Hunter's P.O.V.

As time has passed, it's only residents of the owl house in flight as the rest have returned to their homes.

"Hunter? Are you okay? You're acting like a drunk." I shake my head to Luz while we make it back to the owl house. "No, no... I'm fine." I put my hand to my head just as we reach ground level. During our travel in the air, I was constantly almost falling asleep, closing my eyes and even almost falling off of Rascal.

"Are you sure-" I wave a hand at Edric. "Doesn't ma-" Just as I get off of Rascal, my legs ache painfully, causing me to fall. "F*CK." I mumble into the ground while I've faceplanted. Someone pulls me up by the arm, pulling that arm around their shoulder to try and support me. Unfortunately that doesn't work as my legs are too weak to take me anywhere.

"Can you... Not walk?" Eda asks aloud as Edric looks slightly panicked. And without any hesitation, nor my guessing of it, he scoops me in his arms the second time today. "I can wa- I can crawl to the couch at this distance." Ok, maybe that's not such a convincing alignment of words.

Edric just shakes his head and takes me inside. "Wait. Are they-" Eda starts but is interrupted by King. "EW!" Even as I'm softly placed on the couch by Ed, I can still hear them outside. "You didn't notice? They sleep together on the couch."

"I just thought they didn't want to sleep on the cold floor. Like, desperate not to." Eda answers. But Edric looks at me with a look of curiosity. "And you kept on almost falling off. I had to fly under you in case I had to catch you."

I look away. "Does-" Without any control, I yawn. "Doesn't matter." He pushes lightly on my chest to push me down further in a lying down position. "No, no. I'll be-" "Why can't you walk? And why are you so tired?"

With the second joke is what I answer first. "Tired? I guess I don't really know. But I can't walk because Belos had a grip on my legs." Edric gives me an odd stare. As if surprised by my answer. "Are you okay?" He looks at my legs with worry.

"I'll be fine. I'll probably be fine tomorrow." At this time, everyone gets into the house. Luz in her room with King as Eda's in hers while Raine is placed in a chair.

While Edric look at his scroll, I turn my head to the side. "Hey, Hunter." I look to Edric silently. "I'm sorry I didn't do much. When the guards were getting to us, you actually did something. But I didn't do anything." I give him a sympathetic glance as I've too experienced the pain of feeling useless in a way.

(How is it? Sorry if this one's boring. More bromance in next chapter)