Chapter 34: FaceTiming

Edric's P.O.V.

I make sure to go to facetiming as planned while only waiting seconds for my two sisters to do the same.  I see my two sisters in split screen. Emira's split screen looks normal, just her sitting and looking at me, Amity too but I thought Luz would be seen behind her. "Is Luz there?" She just shakes her head. "No. She had to go back to Eda's when that red girl was searching the house. Aaaaand I'm grounded too."

"Oh. I'm sorry." Amity and Emira raise a brow at me each. "It's not a big deal. Just couldn't decide in the heat of the moment." She looks to the side looking conflicted. "Hey. What happened while they were searching my room?" Emira would ask through the screen. I look behind me briefly to see Hunter making more glyphs, so now he's distracted and can't hear what we're saying as he's a bit far away.

"He was grabbed by an abomination. I told Amity to help because I couldn't do it myself." Emira silently nods to me. "What will you do now?" Amity asks to which I remain quiet for a few seconds. I step away from Hunter and behind a tree."I don't know. Just follow Hunter around I guess. He says he'll stay in the forest. But I don't get it, because Luz would surely let him stay." Amity just rolls her eyes not out of a salty mood but looking a bit uncomfortable with what I just said.

Amity breaks her own silence by telling me as Hunter is brought out of the frame"Why bother hiding him? The Emperor's obedient dog." "No, he's not. He doesn't want to go back. He hasn't told me why but he won't." And she gives me a look of curiosity. "You sure he's not lying? And you didn't need to risk so much for someone as shifty as him." My younger sister goes on to say. Finally, Emira speaks again. "It's not like you have a crush on him." I look down with possibly the most embarrassment I've ever felt. "Oh my hell!" I can hear the disbelief in Amity's voice while Emira covers a chuckle which I can hear. 

"Ugh, you can stay but I'm outta here!" Can't tell if Amity's pissed or laughing before removing her face from the screen. "Does he know?" I just shake my head hiding the red of my face with my arms. "Will you tell him-" "Tell me what?" Hunter appears suddenly, beside the tree. "W-why aren't you doing your magic practice?" I ask with Emira watching everything unfold.

"too frustrating. I'll take a break, then do more. And hello." Hunter nonchalantly waves to my sister who waves back.

(Spelling errors? And how is it?)