Chapter 109: Don't worry

(The picture up top is Hunter crying because Edric got angry and said something hurtful.

Edric: Shut up! Just shut up! All you do is whine! No wonder why nobody likes you! *Realizes what he just said to Hunter*

Hunter: *Tears up*

Edric: Hunter, sweetheart. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to-

Hunter's P.O.V.

Ok... I can do this... I've been tasked to do worse anyway. Pressing the ice spear down onto their skin, I press harder down till I notice a small amount of blood pour out. And I carve at a certain angle, knowing this is where the veins are as from the amount, it's the source of the controlling magic.

Though the veins a bit tough to cut through, I manage. And despite Raine's struggling to escape. Cutting shallowly in their skin to avoid too much danger, I run the spike along the skin in a triangular shape. Then I cut through the veins to into the skin easier. Just looking at them like this makes me realize how truly glad I am to know I was completely unconscious to feel any of this.

The veins on their body disappear, showing their skin but their eyes are closed. "Why aren't they waking up?!" Eda kneels down in worry as the abomination goo disappears. "But didn't I faint when my coven brand got cut out? Raine's been under control for so long, so we just need to get them to safety." I answer, Eda scooping them up in her arms immediately after hearing my words. 

And in my vision, I see Willow, Gus and King rushing to us. The two on their staffs while King rides with Willow. "Is that-" Eda nods at Willow's sudden question as an answer. "Then let's go! We're being chas-" King starts out but is interrupted by a blast of magic just narrowly missing Willow's staff.

"Hunter!" Edric leaps at me, but I'm too shocked to react to him. He pins me down on the hard door, but behind him is also a blast of magic. But the blast missing me ends up hitting Luz. Luckily not fatal, but would still be painful as it lands on her shoulder.

Luz is pushed back from the attack, but Amity quickly catches her, kneeling down with a look of horror. Then a look of anger cloaks her face as she looks in the direction of who's responsible.

I who too look into the direction see three guards. "Just give him to-" "Don't worry!" I get up from under Edric, stepping to them. "Drop your weapons." I drop the two icicles. "Ok. I'm unarmed. "Hunter?! After all we've been through?!" I hear Luz tell me with gritting teeth.

I'll figure a way out if this. I usually do... Most of the time. I look back at them, wanting to give some sort of gesture to them indicating not to worry. But when seeing Edric's look of worry and fear, I can't. I have no idea what to gesture just by one upset face.

I'll figure something out. I'd never actually give Belos the satisfaction of handing myself over without a plan.

(Spelling? How is it? Did I misgender Raine? If so, I do apologize and I will correct myself if I had.)