Chapter 65: Gone

Luz's P.O.V.

"Let him go!" The guy just rolls his eyes. "You think this is bad? What about your green haired friend. Stuck in that hole filled with whatever disease... Repulsive!" What?! "What did you do to Edric?!" "Mwah?! Not me. He jumped into that filthy hole over there. Now if you don't mind, we need to get this pest to Belos. He can't stop throwing hissy fits over him."

I pull out more pieces of paper ready to make more glyphs but feel an ooze pin me down and drenching the paper. "Just let him go! Please.." I feel myself tear up, thinking back when Eda was almost turned into a statue. It's different from the books and TV. In real life when someone you care about is in a severe situation, sometimes you just break.

I notice Amity with the most worried look and creating large amounts of goo and creating spikes. Easily, the orange one notices her and makes a yelping sound to alert the big guy. Once turning around, he turns back to me and the goo forms even more... It's growing spikes. "I'm kind of stressed right now. So if you don't mind..." He places Hunter over his shoulder again before going on to say "We best not keep The Emperor waiting." Amity just freezes up, letting the go fall in shock.

She looks down embarrassed. "I thought you'd see it that way." The goo becomes it's once liquid form and falls off of me before floating to him... It's hard to watch. Letting them just take away Hunter like that. It's happening all over again... Letting a member of The Owl House being delivered to the Emperor.

Once they walk further and further away, Amity runs to me with a hug. She hears me sniff as tears well up. She wipes the tears away with a look of sympathy. "I'm sorry. I- there's nothing we could've done-" "HEEELLLLLOOOOOO!" I hear a voice shout. Edric! I wipe away a few more tears which fall while running to the hole that guy mentioned.

"Edric!" Amity yells, looking down but it's pitch black. "Where are you?!" I yell to him who makes a blue circle in the air to illuminate his face. Amity reaches down with her abomination goo, lifting him up. The guy was right! That hole is filthy! He's covered in gross mud, staining his clothes and hair. 

"Ugh! I thought I'd spend the night down there! Uhh... Where's Hunter?" He looks at us with worry. Each second of silence shows his expression till he lifts up a hand to cover his mouth in the horror if our failure. This day was a disaster... I told myself I'd keep him safe but I've failed.

(Spelling errors? And how is it? Edric's gotta get his bae back!)