Chapter 71: My life is a joke!

Hunter's P.O.V.

The only who could ever give a damn about me, huh? When Belos told me that, I didn't believe it for a second. A while ago, I would've and thanked him for his 'honesty'. But no! Why didn't I just take Amity's hand in Eclipse Lake...? My life is a joke! I lost most of it believing Belos knew best! I wish I was dead instead fulfilling whatever bullsh!t prophecy he goes on about.

And The Owl House... Though that time was short... It was the best time of my life... Eda though snarky at times, kept me fed, face me a blanket and even cared for me... Let me, the enemy stay in her home as she protected me. I guess that's what it's like to have a mother...

Luz could be annoying. But looking back on it, it's actually pretty funny. Sometimes she'd sneak up behind me to hug me. Sometimes to annoy me, but I feel like some of them were genuine. And I'd just shove her off of me. I know she cared about me and would comfort me through my problems. I guess she's like a sister?

King is similar. But I don't know what family bond we had? Wouldn't call him a let, because he's more than that. We didn't talk much, but got along better than I would've thought.

And Edric... I won't ever see him again... I'll die before I do. Never have I ever thought I'd experience love like that, but he made it possible. Wish I could've replayed him somehow...

I feel myself tear up, knowing nobody will come for me.

And Rascal somehow trusted me? After everything I said about palisman? But he better not come looking for me... He'll die!

And a light shines onto my form. "Get up. The Emperor needs you." "No." That's all I say... A simple 'no'. I don't want to say anymore as I'm done. I'm done being the errand boy. Done listening to the man I once called 'uncle'. Done talking to his mindless minions... And to think I used to be one.

The guard unlocks the cell door and tanks me up by the chain. "I wasn't giving you permission." And I'm dragged out of the door and through the halls but... It's quiet... Too quiet... "Where is everyone?" I'm greeted with silence as I'm pulled further through the halls, hearing tiny footsteps in the distance accompanied by larger ones. The drama king and little red girl.

"Y'know, I could've caught The Golden Guard myself. You didn't need to go through all the trouble." She says, looking up to him. "Really? A whole group of yours couldn't even take down a little kid." I get close enough to see her glaring at him till she notices me.

"Oh my! How embarrassing~" Kikimora comments, being sarcastically surprised at the start while mocking me with the ending of her sentence. "And there's another surprise in store for you. And it's just icing on the cake." She continues while I get yanked further across the hall.

Feels forever while I hear Kiki and Darius make snarky comments about my capture. Still. Rather hear that than look at the old man's wrinkled face.

And we're brought outside to a familiar arena. Everyone sitting on the stone stairs, looking down to those on the rocky ground. Me, the guard roughly pulling me, Kikimora, Darius and that old geezer.

I stop moving, trying to step away but a hard pull of the chains catches me of balance. The pull is so strong, I'm sent forward and faceplanting while protecting my face with my arms from the concrete. Though I'm outside, it's like I'm still in a birdcage.

(Spelling errors? How is it? Didn't have enough space for more, but definitely the next chapter will show why Hunter's acting so weird)