Chapter 70: Handsome prince

Edric's P.O.V.

A few days have passed since we've been discussing the plan. Over scrolls, we still discuss it. Please be safe...- but as I look at Pentstagram, I notice a post about my knight in shining armor. It shows the wanted posters of both me and Goldilocks. The description below tells about them both getting taken down. Guess the authorities don't care about looking for me anymore. Probably just needed me for information of the whereabouts of Goldie.

"Well that's a relief!" I jump up, noticing Luz who's standing behind me, looking over my shoulder. "Sorry, Ed? Didn't mean to scare ya! ... So.. how are things?" I calm down before answering her. "I'm managing. I just wish I at least knew what they were doing to him." "Hey, I got an idea! Amity told me we'd probably get eye scream together! I asked if it's okay to invite you and she agreed. And since you're allowed out now." No matter how good it tastes, I can't stop worrying about my awesome boyfriend, but I guess I could just try to relax at least.

"Ok. When are we going." Luz walks away to the door. "Now, actually!" She's trying to cheer me up. Wish I could share the moment with Hunter- wait- I need to stop worrying! We've got plans! And I'm sure the Emperor won't kill him! We just gotta get him outta there and things will be peachy!

The thought makes me smile slightly till I frown, uncontrollably worrying again. We both head out the door and into town. "I don't blame you for feeling like this, Ed. If Amity was stolen by Belos... I'd probably storm the castle recklessly. But we'll get him back. I promise." She gives me a friendly pat on the shoulder.

Eventually, we find Amity at the eye scream shop who waves at us. I wave back while Luz runs to her, hugging her as I too approach. "Hi, Ed... At least you're free again, right?" I nod, noticing an Emperor group at the distance. That little red monster on one of the abominations too... As Amity and Luz talk to each other, I zone them out and listen in on the conversation that red thing is having with a coven scout.

"Usually I'd be upset to see The Golden Guard. But after that, I'm in a good mood. Like a really good mood. Kinda wish Belos would make us partners. Serves him right." The Golden Guard... Is he around- "Maybe we'll see him. Apparently accompanying Darius as ordered." Amity looks at me, and into the direction of the source of the voices. And so does Luz. The guard she's talking to nods before saying "They're probably finished with the mission for today. Maybe we'll bump into them soon? Pity though. Don't think the poor kid can even talk- Hey! There he is!" I dart my head in the direction, noticing Hunter in his Golden Guard uniform walking with that bastard.

The guy is dragging my handsome prince by the arm roughly but lets go as he looks at a restaurant. Before entering the food building, he tells Hunter something which I can't hear from him. Probably telling him to stay? But that makes no sense. He'd just walk off, right?

I run up to him, while hearing the two girls run behind me. "Hunter!" I almost fanboy squeal at seeing him again. Uninjured I hope. I give him a huge hug. "Hunter! How'd they let you out?! Come on before that ass comes back!" I tell him but not loud because that would be making a scene. I pull his arm but he doesn't move. "Hunter?" Luz asks to him. Something red is glowing from the holes of his helmet... Something's wrong...

(Spelling errors? Hope you enjoy. Next chapter will explain why he's not moving)