Chapter 146: Broken bones

Edric's P.O.V.

Horrifying as this sight may be, it's still a lot more soothing. The wendigo I saw in that nightmare was twice as big with a bulkier body and bones poking out of it's flesh with a lot more of that ink coming out while it's fur was beige. Black eyes with glowing blue pupils.

Hunter's fur is pale yellow with a thinner body. Still has ink coming out but not as much. A few drips here and there. Black eyes with glowing red pupils.

It looks around as if confused before moving back and forth. So I get closer with my hands in a soothing gesture for him to calm himself, but he climbs out of the window, onto the roof. Then leaping to the ground near Amity, to my worries.

I too crawl out to the roof just as King walks out. "Ok! What's all the commotion?!" But he freezes at seeing this large deer. "I've never seen that before! Another demon! I have to tame it!" King crawls up it's front leg and on it's back before being shook off. "King! That's Hunter!" Amity tells the little demon, picking him up protectively as it walks to them, soon running. 

(Gore warning)

Getting down from the roof, I see Amity shove king to the side as she creates a shield of goo above her. But Hunter as a wendigo stomps on the shield multiple times with his front legs, till the shield breaks from the impact. Hooves smashing down onto Amity's legs, creating the most disturbing scream I've heard since we went to the castle to get Raine.

Her legs obviously breaking, then he stomps on them again, making her scream more. In self defense, she creates a sharp stock of abomination goo to slash one of his legs, making him back off. A circle I make in the air creates a duplicate of me to run behind him, but the noise from the footsteps alerts the wendigo to kick it's hind legs at the noise, making it disappear.

So I make ten more clones, hoping the work out. They jump all over the deer, attempting to apprehend him but he shakes them off, stomping on each one as they fall. I have to admit, it's like watching Hunter kill me, which is a shock. He turns to Amity, lowering his head as if to jab her with his antlers, causing me to run without knowing what other magic I can use on him, but King jumps forward, screeching at him.

This buys us some time as the deer shakes it's head at the noise uncontrollably. Making another duplicate to scoop her up and carry her off as not only were the screams obvious her legs are broken, but it's like I can see the bones poking at the skin from the inside. King shrieks more, pushing it back while I cast an illusion spell. What do deer like? And I create an illusion on tall grass so it can't see us.

Once regaining his composure from King's attack, he looks around confused but looks back at the house when Raine and Eda show up.

(Well that would be terrifying.)