Chapter 36: Not again!

(From what I remember, it's if Hunter was Grom King and his fear was Edric hurting him)

Edric's P.O.V.

"Good morning, Hun- Hunter?!" Hunter's gone! And his palisman too! He wasn't snatched in the night, was he? No, no. Maybe he's hunting something? Practicing magic somewhere- Oh. His book is gone, so maybe-

Hunter runs into my sight, and runs to a tree with heavy breaths. "Edric... Hide!" He whispers to me. "What's going on? Did they find us already?!" I run right next to him but trying to keep quiet. "It's even worse! It's-" "FOUND YOU! HOOT HOOT!"

The long owl wraps around Hunter securely while he struggles with angry noises. It it notices me and extends itself to wrap around me. The difference is I just stay still, because he wouldn't hurt us. Actually, seeing Hunter struggle and scream over it is too funny. I can't help but laugh at his reaction while he still yells at the bird, and even cussing profanities.

.

.

.

Doesn't take long but it feels even shorter with the thrill of entertainment I'm wrapped by. "FUCKING LET ME G-" And we're finally let go! "Hunter?!" Luz barges out the door. "And Edric!" She continues, looking at us with a look of surprise.

"Uhh, Luz. Funny story. I may have... Ran away from home and harbored a criminal." Luz's expression becomes from surprise to shock. "Are you saying you hid The Golden Guard in your house!" Hunter sighs out loud. "I'm right here."

"Where do you have to live?" "We actually slept in the forest." Hooty comes to the space in between me and Hunter. "No need to thank me for bringing you somewhere warm! Hoot hoot!" Hunter gives Hooty a look like he wants to choke the life out of him.

"Hunter, you could've just come here if you wanted a place to stay." Hunter's head whirled to Luz's direction, his expression changing from angry to unsure. "I would've talked to you but you would've been in more trouble. And they'd probably trying checking more and more times. You'd probably be executed!" Luz runs the back of her head. "Well, that actually makes sense. But you should. I couldn't sleep in the forest!

Luz grabs one of both our hands, pulling us into the house. Eda notices us easily and waves at us, but giving Hunter a smug smirk. "Oo! Is that a glyph book?" Luz reaches to touch it but Hunter protectively pulls it away before calming himself and holding it near her.

"I'm sorry. I just never thought I could learn glyphs like this." "What if we learn glyphs together. I learned how to make myself invisible!" 

(How is it? Hopefully the relationship will happen soon. Didn't think it would be this slow.)