Chapter 159: Getting back together

Edric's P.O.V.

"You're seriously gonna jump out the window?" Amity asks, just sounding irritated. "Well onto the roof. No harm done." And I just rush to him, pulling him away from the window by the sleeve. Momentarily, I accidentally tug too hard and it exposes his shoulder which reveals a symbol on his skin. A glyph! Immediately, he pulls the sleeve back up just as I let go.

"Why would you put glyphs on your body?!" He looks shocked. "Well I- they aren't glyphs." Not glyphs? "They are similar but they're not. They're just charms." And this sparks confusion within me. "Charms?" He rushes to the corner, then bringing out his book of glyphs, and turning to a page titled 'Charms'.

Reading on, they seem similar to glyphs but not as much for throwing magic around. More like enhancing someone's body. "Oh, that's a relief. I thought you were self harming by putting glyphs on yourself." Amity mentions aloud. "What? Wow, you're morbid." Hunter just brushes it off before Amity goes on. "Well, you did dig your gra..." But she pauses like she's trying to hide her words.

"Aaaaave... I... Couldn't find another word." I look to Amity, then back to my bo- Hunter. "You dug you're own grave?!" And he puts his hands up in defense. "I was stressed, ok!" Stressed? "But.. There's something we need to talk about." Ugh, this is hard. "I'm sorry I broke up with you. And let's get back together?" In an asking question kind of tone.. Now I feel the urge to bash my head against the wall till I stop feeling so stupid. Not the best apology.

"Really?!" His face lights up as if a child opening a gift. He gives me a huge hug as unexpected. "Wha- you're not even gonna have a talk about it?" Amity sounds very confused as so am I. He just forgives in less than a second and isn't even thinking of talking about it. If he broke up with me, but wanted to get back together again, I'd want to take things slow and build things back up. But he's on board with it already?

"It's okay. We're back together now. So no harm done." He replies to Amity, confusing me more by the answer before holding him by the shoulders. "But weren't you upset?" "Yes." And so I ask more. "Than maybe you'd like to talk about this." He just rolls his eyes and shakes his head.

(How is it? Spelling?)