Chapter 127: Wendigo

(I found out about fanfics of Darius X Hunter. It's so out of place, I got curious and checked. Now I know why ignorance is bliss)

Edric's P.O.V.

He's not responding to my texts. It was back and forth for a couple minutes till he just stopped. Or did he just fall asleep? Maybe if I just send him a few more.

'Hello????'

'Bae, are you there?'

.

.

.

Still nothing. I'll be visiting tomorrow anyway. Not like it's a big deal if he stopped texting, because what's the harm in him stopping now? 

And after either minutes or an hour of checking Pentstagram on my scroll, my eyes grow tired with heavy lids. 

.

.

.

When reopening my eyes, I'm back at The Emperor's castle. Another dream? Ever since I've met Hunter, it's been happening more than usual, and now it's kinda like watching a show. But... Across from me is Hunter and... Some monster. A giant stag with rotting green skin as multiple holes in it's body reveals it's skeletal structure. Out of the holes and through the bones flows a black liquid, dripping all over the floor and under the creature. Black where whites of the eyes should be as the iris glows an azure blue. A white mane, sharp teeth and the antlers big and pointed like knives. Not only are the features monstrous, but it's more than ten times my size.

To Hunter, it steps closer, slightly leaning down while the black ooze dripping from it's forehead drips down the face, covering it's eyes. As the monster is unable to see, it sniffs around, but now catching Hunter's scent and getting closer. Hunter who backs away till hitting a wall, the creature sniffs closer to him, smelling his neck.

Hunter constantly moves his head from side to side in terror till keeping his head completely still and to the side, facing me. Now the massive wendigo sniffs Hunter's face, getting a better whiff of his scent. It extends out such a disgusting tongue, coated in an inky, black saliva which drips down, staining Hunter's shirt which has been torn, probably by trying to escape whatever this is. Never seen any monster like it.

It licks his face, right on his scar. Then it opens it's own mouth, ready to take a bite. It could already swallow him hole, let alone a bite! Though I know this is some sort of nightmare, that doesn't stop me from charging to Hunter in order to protect him like he has with me.

But my vision goes white till awakening in my room. Gripping at a specific side of my chest, I can feel my own heart beat in shock and surprise due to what I saw.

(Tell me if dream chapters are annoying)