Chapter 31: First try

Edric's P.O.V.

No, no, no, no... He's going to be taken away again! I have to do something! "Amity, we've got to do something!" I whisper to her who just gives an unsure look. "I don't know if I should. I can't trus-" "Please! I don't know what The Emperor will do to him,! He could die!" Amity looks away with gritted teeth. "Fine... But only for you. Never for him, ok?" Amity and I walk up to the abomination behind Kikimora who's giggling with glee. Amity makes a purple circle in the air while my circle is teal.

A sphere of dark purple goo appears while I use use my illusionist magic to create a clone of myself in case I need more company for combat. Amity's sphere swallows Kikimora before she can tell what's going on behind her while she casts more goo to spring up as spikes into the big monster's legs. This gooey Mook falls down as it's legs are metal instead of goo. Luckily it has let go of Hunter who jumps behind me with a look of fear.

I would've thought it was cute for him to hide behind me if the situation wasn't so dire. But all of a sudden, abomination slime flings all over us from Kikimora breaking out of the ball. She looks even more pissed than before! "Hunter, run!" Hunter hesitates to move till Amity shoves him away with a wave of go to get him going, so he finally runs knowing he has no choice.

But Kikimora blasts magic at me, pushing me far back and almost hitting Hunter who's running while looking back. In the corner of my eye outside of the manor, I see more scouts and another abomination running towards us, probably attracted here by the noise. But now they're sprinting to us due to who is running away. 

So I make another circle in the air to create another clone, then another and another till they shoot at me with magic spells, causing me to run off. At first I try to run back to Amity but I can't as they're getting too close, so not my choice right now.

Turning around on my heel, I run in the direction of Hunter. As I'm following him, he heads into an alleyway outside of the manor while Rascal follows. The bird of course couldn't turn into a staff as Hunter's hands are too full right now. Following him into the dark space, he opens up the dumpster's lid but looks at me. "You followed me?! But what about Amity?" I put my hand to my head with frustration.

"I- I wanted to help her but I couldn't! There were too many coming too fast!" "Let's just get in!" Hunter steps into the dumpster and so do I. First I close the two lids but Hunter opens one back up.

"What are you doing?" Hunter then writes on the notebook where a page wasn't ruined with abomination goo. "I saw a fire spell! This should help!" I look over his shoulder and see him mimicking the fire glyph on the book, writing it on the notebook. "FIND HIM! FIND HIM!" That shrill voice again. I wrap my arms around Hunter and pull him close to me under the unopen lid. Now my face is heating up again.

(Finally going somewhere! Is it good? Drama~)