Chapter 102: Witch shield

Hunter's P.O.V.

"That's the plan!" Luz explains while Edric sits next to me. "The same plan you did for me? But you sure Amity will be okay with this? I don't know how many more brands she's willing to cut out." She has a thinking face for a minute before answering my question. "Not sure. Then we'll find someone else who will if she won't." I think that covers it. If she comes along but not willing to cut out the brand, she should be able to restrain them.

"Ok, but one thing I want you to know if we actually do this." The two are listening. "If I'm around while any of you are near death, I want you to use me as a witch meat shield." They just stare at me as if seeing another human. "Uhh... Why would we-" But I interrupt Edric. "No, no, no. I insist." I tell them while putting up a hand. "Well... That aside. Let's tell Eda. When she wakes-" "What's going on?" Eda comes into the room as Luz is saying this.

"Well... You were asking about Raine and we've been talking about breaking him out. Like cutting out their coven brand like we did with Hunter." Eda shakes her head. "But it's too dangerous! That's a huge castle and who knows what room they're in?" I didn't want to say it, but I guess I should. 

"I don't know if we should. Don't know if we'll even succeed. But you need to know why I left Belos. Because he mentioned sacrificing me on the day of unity. And he says he needs the coven heads for the day of unity. What if they gets sacrificed too?" I feel all eyes on me at this moment. "Raine could die...?" "I can't be sure, but maybe." She thinks to herself.

"Maybe we could try, but even sneakier than getting you from last time. There was only two when getting you, but this is a castle. So I don't know how we could." Luz speak up. "We could find more glyphs. We'll try to think of something."

I pick up my book, turn to a specific page and laying it on the table. A picture of specifically a smoke glyph. It consists of three straight lines, two circles and one square in it's shape. "A smoke glyph. We could use it "A smoke glyph. We could use it to create distractions or get them where they can't see." I explain. "Oh Hunter, you're so brave!" Edric who on purpose tries to act like a damsel in distress runs a finger down my face.

"What do you mean get them when they can't see? Wouldn't you use the smoke to get away?" Eda asks, making me slightly nervous. "Yeah, about that... We may want to eliminate all the witnesses, because they'll see us. We don't want people running to Belos if we let them get away."

(Spelling? Hunter's going to get really violent in the castle)