Chapter 163: Illusion glyph

Me if the picture actually happens: Hunter. Take his hand or I'm telling Belos on you!

Hunter's P.O.V.

"What's wrong with that? Isn't it good if he can't feel pain?" Edric tells the two who obviously disagree. "Well- I see why you'd think so. But this could kill him. There are so many poisonous animals and bugs, and if any were to infect him, he wouldn't feel a thing. And we'd never know. So he could die because of this." Raine tells him, and now I understanding. They both have a point. I should only use this charm if I really need to. Not everyday where something unexpected could kill me. 

"Ok. I'll wash it off." Is all I tell them before going up to the bathroom to rub off the symbols on my skin while leaving the other charms on as they'll actually be of help. And just as I look in the mirror to see the two charms are no longer visible, the sound of a door shutting. Must be Edric leaving. As usual, I miss him already. 

But just as I fully adjust my sweater to cover up again, I remember a specific memory. About one of Luz's visits. She mentioned someone named Phillip Wittebane. I don't know much of the guy, but sometimes I wonder if I should actually take an interest in such. 

And once I'm about to head out the door, but momentarily glance to the window, I notice three figures. Two coven scouts but one specific plant witch. That Gaia. Having a mini heart attack, I rush to my room and bring out a pen to write an illusion glyph on my hand. But keeping the pen in my pocket. Usually I wouldn't use it, but she's already a really strong witch. So maybe I should. And running to the living room, I already alert the two. "Eda! Raine! There are coven sco-" And before I even finish, they head outside. So do I.

Just as we head out, the two scouts aim spells of blue fire out us, which we all manage to dodge. But just as I jump out of the way, those vines wrap around my body again... Pain in the ass! Raine is far too distracted by one of the scouts while Eda is the only to notice and flies at me as her harpy self. "No, Eda!" I yell at her which causes her to stop. And just as the other coven scout runs to me, I show my hand to the scout. The hand with the illusion glyph. So I use the thumb of that hand to tap it.

Stopping right there, he gasps in shock before making a series of stutters. "I- my liege! How'd we- I'll get you out of there right now!" Smiling to myself as he's ripping the vines off of me, Rascal flies to my hand. And so I shoot the guy, using the staff. Eda looks so confused as anyone would be.

Quickly writing another illusion glyph on my hand, I run up to the guard Raine is fighting. Behind Raine, I raise my hand to the guard, then tapping the glyph which gets a reaction of fear from the guard. He falls back shaking while frantically trying to crawl away backwards while still on the ground. Raine lowers his instrumental weapon in confusion before noticing I'm behind him.

"Wh- what's with you al-" Gaia yells out before being swooped upon by Eda. She summons a plant to pull Eda off which gives Raine the advantage of using a shock wave with their magic without harming Eda.

(Throughout chapters will show Hunter's improvement with illusion glyphs. Luz will be improving a lot on abomination glyphs. Wonder why)