Chapter 41: Warning

Luz's P.O.V.

Hunter just walks off outside, annoyed by my antics. Ha! Don't know why, but bothering him is just waaay to entertaining to pass up. But everyone probably annoys him, because does he even have any patience? At least he's not trying to run off this time. And I notice he's taken his book of glyphs with him.

But now I notice I feel hunger the as my belly growls, and so I go to kitchen but hear footsteps be heard. "Luz, Amity wants to talk to you." Edric hands out his scroll as an invitation for me to take it. "Remember when I said alone, I meant alone." "Right, right?" Most likely Edric was going to stay here and listen.

I am given the scroll once Edric is out of the kitchen. "Amity! How's my awesome girlfriend?" I'm ecstatic to be able to talk to her without sneaking in her window to see her. "I'm... Ok, I'm not good. There's something I've been worrying about, but I can't deal with it anymore. There's something you need to know about Hunter." 

This raises an eyebrow of mine. "Back at Eclipse Lake, that's when I met Hunter. We fought for the key and he threatened your safety to get it." She tells me so straight forward. "He... He was at Eclipse Lake?" Hunter said that? "Luz, you have to be careful. What if he attacks you in your sleep?"

I look away for a second before looking back. "No, no. That was a long time ago. I've spent so much time with him, and he's not like that." He really hasn't tried a thing to hurt me. And he's no longer obedient to Belos, so what would he gain from harming me?

"He's the Emperor's loyal dog. He was probably going to kill me for that. You can't be too careful." I roll my eyes at what she just called him. But I have something else to say. "Trust me. I have Eda, King and Hooty. And nobody's any match for Hooty.

This brings a smile to her face, making me smile in return. I hate seeing her worry like this. "But- but there's something else. How's he been with Edric?" "They're fine. Hunter hasn't said anything mean to him. Which is weird because he's such a mood."

Amity has that worrisome look. "Where are they?" At first I was going to ask why I need to do that, but I just go along with it. Not in the lounge... But I see them outside and show Amity by pulling the screen up to the window. Edric is watching hunter practice glyphs. And Hunter has successfully made a fire glyph, with blazing fire of a good amount. I'm so prou-

"He has to stay away from Edric." "Amity, if he won't harm me, why would he hurt Edric?" She just sighs. "Please promise me you won't tell Edric I said this. I just hate to think what would happen." I just nod, knowing this situation must be affecting her.

(Uh oh! Amity's gonna spill the beanz. And spelling errors?)