Chapter 28: Eating out

(Watch the vid!)

(This chapter is in Edric's P.O.V.)

After exiting the library, I grab Hunter's hand once again so I can pull him along to wherever I will. I feel my face heat up a bit but I need to make sure he doesn't just walk off while his face is in that book. Looking around to see it any worth while buildings, I spot an ice cream place, thinking maybe this would cheer him up from what happened with Luz this morning. I just want him to be happy today.

We make it into the ice cream place but with him still looking at the the book of many, many glyphs and symbols. "Can't you just put the book down?" This causes hunter to put the book down and look at me, then noticing we're in a colorful building. "Where are we?" He was seriously this intoxicated by the book?

"We're in an ice cream place." He gives me a look of... I don't know what it means. Is he confused? "Have you not been here before?" I chuckle, because sure he's been in a place like this before. "No. I haven't eaten ice cream." The laughter ceases and I look at him wide-eyed. "A-are you serious? What about your birthday?" "Can't celebrate those either." This makes me go "Oh..."

"But why?!" How can he not do either of those things?! "Belos told me it would make me too optimistic to do my job." He goes back to reading his book but then looks up, then down to our hands holding. "Can't you let me go?!" He whispers going a little red while looking around, probably embarrassed by the interpretation of people around us could have. This once again causes my face to heat up, so I let go of him this time.

"But I won't be having anything. Since I'm no longer under his rule I won't be forced to try anything." Edric gestures for me to follow. "No, no, no. You gotta try this!" I guess it does look good... Just back then, Belos would constantly tell me to eat new types of food which weren't so delicious. The foods he'd make me eat did look good but not once I tried them. Suppose I could try but only this once.

Me and Edric walk up to the cashier to decide which to choose. Edric pointed to a glass container with the color magenta. "This one~" He says with a singsong voice as he occasionally would. I look at these flavors with a glaring eye trying to decide. I then point to the green one to which Edric is surprised. "Really? That one? Ok then." Can't tell if he's trying to rile me up or if he's so confused at my choice. But then again, the flavor seems very under used. Same color as his hair too. Surprised it would be such a dark color.

(Belos is stoopid)

(Gonna make a comic about these two because of a massive misunderstanding. I misspelled something one chapter and it was accidentally worded like they were 69ing. How does that accidentally happen? It'll be explained in the comic)