Chapter 47: Finally free!

Edric's P O V.

It's been a while since the nightmare. A few weeks actually. And Hunter is getting a lot less grouchy. During the time, a few gay panics here and there. We haven't kissed yet either. He's probably too embarrassed to do that. Aaaand... Luz knows. She just walked in on us cuddling and left the room. I think Hooty knows. The others don't but how will I tell Amity? Or mom? Dad would just fall asleep from hearing anyone talk.

Then I'm interrupted by my scroll, then it floats into the air with Amity on screen. "Edric! I'm finally ungrounded! And I'm stopping by to see Luz! Emira's also coming." Good to see she's so ecstatic. But she looks behind me to see Hunter, her smile dropping. "Ok, ok, I'm leaving." He gets up and walks outside, taking the book with him. "Guess I'll see you. I'm coming over in a couple hours. But don't tell Luz because I wanna surprise her." And she quickly signs off.

That was quick. I look out the window to see Hunter using glyphs, and with improvement. Fires are easily risen. He can grow a fine sized plant. He can summon spikes of ice and a few more types of glyphs.

I run out to Hunter to tell him the news. Once noticing me, he puts the book down and I sigh nervous. "Hunter. Amity's coming over in a few hours. I have no idea how things will play out." Hunter looks to the side before telling me "I'll just live with it. Not a big deal." "So, what ya wanna do in the mean time?" Is what I ask Hunter, putting an arm around him and bringing him close, seeing him go red with probably an internal gay panic.

"I don't know. I'll just wait for her to get here, then I'll sit through whatever." He ducks under my arm and walks back to his book. Doesn't seem to thrilled about it."

.

.

.

Feels like a while from the constant waiting. Feels way too long but I hear the door swing open, with Hooty making his 'hoot hoot' noises. It's Amity and Emira of course. And Hunter who's beside me looks like he's dying inside.

But I hear footsteps emerge from the kitchen and then they pick up the running pace. Luz runs to Amity, then giving her a huge hug. 

At this time Hunter was about to get up but I quickly grab him by the arm and pull him back down so he wouldn't be knocked back by Luz. Amity seems to have noticed but too preoccupied with Luz. Then looking back to us and she notices Hunter's face going pinkish red.

Aaaand screwed.

And now I'm going red. So if Hunter's face didn't spill the beans, I definitely have.

(Errors? How is it?)