Chapter 48: B*tch move

Edric's P.O.V.

After five minutes of us all catching up, Amity reveals something exciting. "In town, there's gonna be a special event. Their are market stalls, people singing and good food. I think you'd all love it." She wraps an arm lovingly around Luz. "But should I wear anything special?" Is how Luz responds to all this. King walks into the room, then sitting next to Luz.

"I don't know.. just wear whatever you want." Is Amity's answer. And that gives me an idea... A mischievous smirk spreads across my face. And Hunter who's been silent for a while finally speaks up. "But what about Edric? He can't be seen in town." That's true... 

"Oh, I'll get him a mask, then come back." "But what about you?" I ask Hunter who just looks at me surprised. "I didn't think I was coming." "Why not?" King questions. And then Hooty appears from the door. "HOOT HOOT! Hopefully I don't get left behind like when Luz went to the carnival!" I can already see the dismay on Hunter's face, and the wrath in Amity's. "So.. can you get Hunter a mask?"

"Uhh... Yeah, no-" Then Luz looks to Amity, giving her puppy eyes. "Fiiiine..." Can't tell wether to laugh or not at this. "I guess I'll just go get those now." Amity gets out the door, hops on her staff and flies to the opposite direction.

"Are you sure it'll be a good idea to get me to go with you all? What if I get you in more trouble?" He looks to me and Luz. "You'll be wearing a mask. And you look like you could use some fun. For once. And does anyone know why there's some special event in town?" What's it about? "I never pay attention to the date." Then she looks at Hunter. "Don't know. Belos told me these types of parties and events are a waste of time." Ok, ouch. "Uhh... Let's talk about something else!"

.

.

.

After a while of having a chat with each other, Amity arrives with two masks. For me is a green mask with shiny patterns, looking like facets. Looks like a giant emerald. For Hunter is white mask with a diamond symbol on it's forehead, and diamond symbols going down the eyes to the chin.

I put it on immediately, absolutely loving the whole look of it while handing the other to Hunter, who calmly tries it on. Eda who while Amity was gone, had been filled on in the information and plans to go. "Hey, I got an idea! You might wanna buy some new clothes for this whole party. It'll feel more special?" "Are you sure? Amity says we don't have to dress that fancy." Eda just scoffs. "I didn't say fancy. Just treat yourselves. I treat myself when there's a party, even if I'm not invited."

That same idea I had before plants once again in my head. "Well, let's head off?" Emira says out loud. And so we go to head off to buy ourselves some clothes.

But I hang back a little further from the group and gesture for Hunter to stay with me before whispering to him. "Hunter. I'm going to try something out. It's what the human's apparently call 'A bitch move'"

(How is it? And Edric would be the King of bitch moves. And errors?)