Chapter 178: Date

Edric's P.O.V.

"Well, we should probably be heading ba-" But just while Amity opens the door to leave, in the distance is the view of Hunter and Gaia returning with a specific type of tree... And Hunter's probably gonna be feasting on it sooner than later. But I'm actually curious what it looks like. To see a massive deer snacking on a tree like a vampire for blood.

"Well... This isn't something I thought we'd see." Eda speaks out, saying what we're probably all thinking. Not talking about seeing the tree, but the wendigo having it's meal when it comes to it. And just as the two meet us, they both, but especially Hunter look quite nervous. And who could blame them? 

"You can eat it if you want. Maybe we just don't look." I tell him, hoping that'll soothe his nerves somehow. His only response is to get close. Really close. So close I thought he was going in for a kiss, making me lean forward for one, but to my disappointment, that isn't his intention as he leans to my ear. "Can we talk alone." Blushing from embarrassment at what I thought we were going to do, I follow him into the house and to his room, ready to hear what he's going to say.

But with each step we took, I could see Hunter getting redder and redder. He may have been walking in front of me, but when a witch is embarrassed, you can tell by their ears lowering and turning red at the tips. "You see..." And then a silence. "I've been thinking..." And yet another silence. He may have gotten more used to our relationship throughout the years, but just like Amity with Luz, he can just be hopeless when it comes to romantic stuff. I assume that's what it's about.

I just look at him, waiting for him to finish his sentence. "I was wondering if..." How many more pauses will it take. "Would you like coming by the Owl House tomorrow night?" That's all? "But I visit. All the time. Sometimes uninvited. So why are you getting so worked up?" I scootch closer to him, then finally realizing as I'm doing so.

"Are you.. asking me on a date, Hunter?" I feel my own eyes widen in excitement. "Yes. I understand if you don't want to-" "Should I wear something fancy or casual?" Too excited, so I interrupt him with my question for what exactly sort of attire to have.

(Spelling)