Chapter Five

Chapter Five – Zayn

Zayn's in the kitchen helping Josh wash the dishes from the busy dinner rush they just had, he's distracted as he can't help but think about the incredibly handsome brunette, with soft, deep, brown eyes, who was sitting at one of his tables until five minutes ago. "Earth to Zayn" Talia calls, snapping her fingers in his face, and Zayn shakes his head to clear it before focusing in on his friend, who is standing in front of him with a big grin on her face and a ripped off piece of the paper they use as table cloths in her hand. "Sorry Talia, what is it?" he asks and she grins, "nothing I just thought you might want this" Talia teases offering him the paper. Zayn wipes his hands on his apron before reaching out to take the paper, expecting it to be a drawing one of the kids has done, but his eyes widen when he sees what's on the paper in his hand. Underneath his name, which is written in Talia's loopy writing to let the table know their server's name, is a phone number and the name Liam, along with a short message 'call me'. Zayn bites his lip as he reads over the paper a few times before looking up at Talia, "what table is this off of?" he asks slowly and she grins, "that's the best part Zee, it's from table nine" Talia answers, and Zayn feels himself blushing because that's the table the handsome stranger and his friend were sitting at. Zayn grins widely before stuffing the paper into the pocket of his jeans and wrapping his arms around Talia in a tight hug, "that's where he sat" he crows and she giggles, "I know Zee, that's why I brought it to you, you haven't shut up about him since he sat down" she laughs, pushing Zayn's arms off of her. Zayn grins doing a little wiggle, before turning back to the dishes in front of him, he just wants to finish and get home so he can talk to Louis, he needs his advice on this.

Zayn's first stop on the way home is his mum's to pick up Arabella, Louis had a late class, and he was at work so she had to stay at his mum's the whole day, and night until now. Zayn groans as he pulls into the driveway as it's after ten o'clock, Bella should be asleep, and he knows she'll wake up when he goes to put her into her carseat, he only hopes she falls back asleep quickly. Zayn makes his way up the steps, before opening the door slowly, and stepping inside, he can hear crying coming from upstairs, and kicks off his shoes quietly to go to his daughter. His sister meets him on the stairs, "good you're here, she's been crying since mum first tried to put her to bed, I don't think she feels well Zayn" Waliyha tells him, Zayn nods and rushes past her into his old room, which is now Bella's for when she stays with his mum. Zayn slides past the door to see his mum holding a squirming, and screaming Bella, attempting to rock her, but she's having no part of it, kicking out and screaming Zayn's name. "Want Baba" she wails, and Zayn's heart breaks, he hates that he isn't always the one putting her to bed, but she usually doesn't fight like this, "hey, hey, hey, Baba's here now shh" Zayn murmurs, stepping up to her side and resting a cool hand on her forehead. He frowns when he touches the heated skin, she's definitely fighting something off, "Wali said she's been like this since bedtime?" Zayn asks and Trisha nods, "Mum why didn't you call me?" he sighs and his mum shrugs "she doesn't usually get this worked up, and I know I can handle it" she answers.

Zayn pulls his daughter into his arms and hugs her close, her screaming has stopped since hearing his voice, but she's still shaking and fighting, "hey, calm down, Love" Zayn murmurs, sitting in the rocking chair and situating the toddler in his lap. Arabella takes a deep shuddery breath before sighing and snuggling into Zayn's neck, "why are you giving Grandma such a hard time, hmm?" Zayn hums. Bella doesn't answer just shrugs her tiny shoulders and Zayn sighs pressing a light kiss to her head, "icky Baba" she says after a minute and Zayn nods knowingly. They sit for another minute before Zayn stands up, making his way back downstairs with the toddler in his arms, "how about we go home, and you can snuggle in Baba's bed tonight. And I won't go to school tomorrow, alright" he mumbles, feeling her nod against his neck. Trisha helps him put Bella's coat and boots on her, before pressing a kiss to the toddler's head, "feel better. I'm assuming you're staying home tomorrow?" she says turning to Zayn at the end, who nods "yeah, I can't leave her when she's sick" he murmurs, pressing a kiss to his mum's cheek. "Thanks Mum" he calls as he walks out the door to Louis' car, which he borrowed for the night.