Chapter Sixty Seven

Chapter Sixty Seven – Zayn

Zayn frowns as Liam pulls his phone from his pocket, answering the call and holding up one finger, signalling for Zayn to hold on, a week later as they head into the gymnastics club, for Bella's first day. "Daddy can meet us inside, right Boo?" Zayn asks Bella who nods, curling her fingers more into Zayn's jacket as he continues into the building. Once inside Bella's eyes widen as she looks through the window in the viewing room to see the gym itself. "Bella play here, Baba?" she asks quietly and Zayn laughs lightly, "yeah, this is where you do gymnastics" he answers. Bella grins and squirms to get down, which Zayn complies to, "okay first we need to take off your shoes, socks, and coat" he murmurs, Bella huffs but stands relatively still while Zayn pulls her stuff off. Zayn looks up as Liam comes in, stuffing his phone in his pocket as he does, "sorry, the new American company Niall's been trying to sign are causing issues" Liam mumbles. Zayn just nods, because he gets it he really does, but Liam has spent the majority of the time he has been home this past week on his phone. "You excited Princess?" Liam asks and Bella nods, reaching for Liam, "look Daddy" she giggles gesturing towards the trampoline and Liam smiles, "I see, are you gonna go jump?" he asks, which Bella nods to. Zayn stands up from tucking Bella's socks into her boots and lets Liam lead him over to a couple chairs, where they sit, Bella sitting in Liam's lap, watching the practice that's currently happening finish with wide eyes.

A few minutes later everyone in the gym empties out, a young, petite brunette coming out into the viewing area a few minutes later, she looks around at the few other people that have come in before clapping her hands. "My name's Ella, and if you'll follow me, we can go warm up" she says, cheerily. Bella climbs off of Liam and runs over to the girl, a huge smile on her lips, Zayn watches her carefully, as Ella bends down to greet the kids that have joined her, "and what's your name?" she asks Bella. Bella giggles "Bella" she answers "well, Bella, are you ready to learn gymnastics?" Ella asks, Zayn chuckles as Bella nods with wide eyes and Ella takes her hand, leading her and the rest of the group into the gym. "She looks so small" Zayn murmurs, as he and Liam watch the warm up, Liam chuckles, tangling his fingers with Zayn's "but look how happy she is" he murmurs. And he's right, Bella has the biggest smile on her face as she stretches,and jumps on the springy, cushioned floor. After a few minutes warming up Ella leads the group to a corner of the gym that Liam and Zayn can't quite see from where they're sitting. "Zayn? Can I talk to you for a minute?" Liam mumbles a minute later and Zayn furrows his eyebrows, turning in his chair to look at him, "what is it?" Zayn asks slowly. Liam pulls his hand away and rubs it over the back of his neck, a tell that he's nervous about whatever conversation this is, Zayn just waits, arching an eyebrow at him. "Okay, you know that American company we're trying to merge with?" Liam asks, and Zayn nods, "you mean the one you've been on the phone with all week?" he asks. Liam nods, "yeah that one. They want us to come there and meet with them, and I don't think there's anyway around it Niall and I have tried" he mumbles. "So you're going to America, again? When? And for how long?" Zayn asks, trying to keep the disappointment out of his voice. Liam frowns, "I know Zee and I don't want to. But it's not even for a week this time, and I was really hoping you and Bella would come with me" he says quickly.

Zayn's eyes widen, "what?" he asks, shaking his head, "yeah, we'd leave next weekend, and I want you guys to come. I learned on my last business trip that I don't like leaving you guys, and we'd only been together a short time then. I can't imagine how terrible it would be now" Liam explains. Zayn blinks, looking away from Liam, as he thinks, "but you'll be working the whole time" he mumbles and Liam shakes his head, "only for a little bit of it, please Zayn?" he pleads. Zayn sighs shaking his head, because if he's being honest, he doesn't want Liam leaving them behind, Bella would be a disaster, and he knows it. "Fine, Li. We'll come" Zayn agrees after a moment, and Liam grins widely, pulling Zayn into a hug "thank you" he coos, "I really didn't want to go without you guys" Liam adds. Zayn just chuckles, shaking his head, "and I really didn't want to deal with Bella being mad about you being gone, while you're away" he teases. Liam just grins, shaking his head as Bella comes back into view with Ella and the rest of the group.