Chapter Ninety Eight

Chapter Ninety Eight – Liam

Liam laughs when they get home, without the twins, and Bella practically sprints towards the door as soon as she's free from the car. He moves to catch Zayn, their fingers tangling together easily as they walk up the path after her, "want to explain to me now whats going on?" Liam hums. Zayn chuckles which makes Liam smile, "Bella told me she's sad, because we're always with the babies. I just thought a night with just us like before might help" Zayn explains. Liam frowns, because it was never his, or Zayn's for that matter, intention for the oldest to get left out of things, but he knew it was happening sometimes. "It's okay Li. I was doing it too" Zayn murmurs and Liam nods, before shaking his head, "it's not okay. I'm terrible. It's like because I have my own kids now I forgot about the beautiful one you already gave me" he mumbles, Zayn shakes his head and squeezes Liam's hand then, "no Liam. You aren't terrible. I know how much you love Bella. She knows it too, the twins just take up a lot of time because they're so helpless we'll figure out a balance, but tonight is a great place to start" he coos and Liam nods although he's not entirely sure he believes it.

"Daddy! Baba! Come on" Bella calls pulling Liam out of his thoughts and to his daughter who's bouncing around by the door, "we're coming Princess" Liam hums, pulling out his keys to unlock the door, chuckling when Bella goes barrelling into the house. "Slow down, Love" Zayn chuckles coming in behind Liam, who nods, "yeah we've got all night" Liam adds. Bella turns from kicking her boots off to grin at them "pizza?" she asks head tilting to the side and Liam nods, "of course" he murmurs and Bella cheers, running up the stairs into the rest of the house. "What is she doing?" Liam wonders out loud as they hear a loud thump coming from the living room, "my guess is picking movies, and getting blankets" Zayn answers. Liam nods, "I'll go see her, if you want to order pizza?" Liam asks and Zayn nods, stepping around Liam to go grab the menus, "hey" Liam whines, which makes Zayn stop in his tracks turning around to arch an eyebrow at Liam. "Where's my kiss?" Liam pouts, and Zayn rolls his eyes before stepping close enough Liam can catch him and pull him to his chest as they kiss. It's not a long one and neither one of them tries to deepen it, they're just happy being together. "I love you" Liam hums as they pull apart and Zayn nods, "I love you too. We'll figure this out" he replies, before pulling away and heading towards the kitchen.

Liam arrives in the living room to see Bella piling all the blankets he and Zayn keep in a chest by the couch onto the floor, "what are you doing?" Liam chuckles and Bella turns to him, biting her lip, which Liam knows is her trying to decide if she's in trouble or not. "I'm not upset, Princess, just curious" Liam explains and Bella giggles, diving onto her pile of blankets. "Comfy, Daddy" Bella giggles rolling back to her feet, and Liam nods, "is this where you want to sit and watch the movies?" he asks and Bella nods reaching to pull Liam down beside her. He goes willingly and let's her cuddle into his chest on the pile of blankets, just as Zayn comes into the room, "Pizza should be here in twenty" he explains, just flopping down beside Liam and Bella without a second thought, or hesitation. "So what are we watching first?" Liam asks untangling one arm from Bella to wrap it around Zayn, Bella grins and holds up a DVD case that neither man is surprised to see, "you want to watch Rapunzel?" Liam asks and Bella nods, passing the case to Zayn who carefully gets up to go put the movie on, before returning to their pile.

By the time Tangled is over they've finished the pizza and Arabella has sprawled herself across both men's laps, and has one hand gripping Liam's shirt tightly, while the other holds onto Zayn's hand. "What are we watching next Boo?" Zayn hums and Liam watches as his husband plays with Bella's hair a little. Bella thinks for a moment before sitting up, but she doesn't let go of either of them, Liam notices, "Peter Pan" she murmurs quietly. Zayn nods and Liam grins "you have to let go of one of us then Princess" he chuckles and Bella pouts but let's go of Zayn, so he can go put on the movie. He's back in seconds and Bella is curling up around both of them again.