Chapter Seventy Two

Chapter Seventy Two – Liam

Liam jumps every time his phone rings, it's been a month since they talked to Doniya and a week since the doctor's had done the first procedure, now all they have to do is wait, to see if Doniya is in fact pregnant. Liam's trying to concentrate on the files he's updating in his office, and he knows realistically it's too early to find anything out, but he can't help but be distracted, and wonder if this is it, if him and Zayn are going to have a baby, another baby. The phone on his desk buzzes, before Elise's voice comes through "Liam? There's someone here to see you" she says and Liam furrows his eyebrows, "who?" he asks confused, and the buzzer goes off again before Elise giggles, "I don't know, but he's really cute, and has an adorable princess with him" she laughs, Liam rolls his eyes, "send them in" he mumbles. A moment later his office door opens to reveal Zayn and Bella "hey Babe, we brought you lunch" Zayn explains as he closes the door behind them and Bella dashes across to jump on Liam's lap. Liam smiles as he wraps Bella in a hug and kisses her forehead, "shouldn't you be at work?" he asks Zayn, eyeing the burgers that Zayn's unpacking. Zayn just shakes his head, "no we only had a half day today, so I picked up this little one from my mum's and we figured we could bring you lunch" he smirks. Bella wriggles down from Liam's lap and moves to try and figure out the pinball machine, while Liam makes grabby hands at his fiancé. Zayn chuckles and moves to sit in Liam's lap pressing a kiss to his lips as he sits down.

Liam grabs for one of the burgers, once Zayn is settled in his lap, "isn't she going to eat?" he asks gesturing to Bella who is colouring in one of the colouring books he keeps in his office for her. Zayn shakes his head as he bites his own burger, "she ate in the car" he mumbles and Liam nods. A knock at the door draws Liam's attention from his family, before Niall comes bounding into the room, "hey Li, do you have that file on the new hires? Nikki said you came  and got it yesterday" he asks. Liam nods, shifting around Zayn so he can sort through a pile on his desk, until he finds the one Niall's looking for, "oh hey Zayn" Niall adds, as Liam finds the file and holds it out for the blond. "Hey Niall, how's it going?" Zayn asks, Niall just shrugs, "same as always" he grins. "UNCLE NIALL" Bella cheers dropping her crayon and running towards him, Liam watches as Niall crouches down to hug her, "hey Bella. Did you bring Daddy lunch?" he asks as the three year old nods, "yeah, but not you, sorry Uncle Niall" she giggles. Niall gasps before shaking his head, "that's alright, I've got my own" he coos "well I have to get back to my office, I'll see you later" he adds pressing a kiss to Bella's temple. She pouts at him before pressing her own sloppy kiss to his cheek, releasing him. Niall stands up "thanks Li, I'll see you guys later" he calls as he exits the office again.

Once Niall is gone Liam watches as Bella returns to her colouring and Zayn just quietly eats his lunch, he can tell something is bothering the younger man but he's not sure what, and he doesn't know if now is the right time to try to find out. "Hey, you okay?" Liam asks, gently, reaching out to brush a hand down Zayn's arm, Zayn shrugs in response, and Liam knows he's upset about something. "Talk to me Zee, what's up?" Liam asks gently, and Zayn sighs, "it's nothing, don't worry about it" he mumbles. Liam frowns, "no if it's bothering you, it's something what's going on Babe" he presses, Zayn huffs out a breath again, "can we talk about this at home, later?" he asks eyes pleading, and Liam frowns but nods his head, "yeah, of course" he murmurs, Zayn just nods, in response. The pair are quiet after that, the only sounds that of Bella's scribbling across the room, before Zayn stands up, leaning down to kiss Liam "we should get going, someone needs a nap" he says quietly and Liam pouts but nods, "alright I shouldn't be too late tonight. I love you" he murmurs, kissing Zayn again. "Bella, come say bye to Daddy, we need to get going" Zayn calls out, and Bella pouts at him "no Baba" she whines and Liam bites back a laugh, "c'mere Princess" he calls,holding his arms out, which Bella comes flying into. "I'll be home before dinner tonight, and you and I can do something fun,okay?" Liam asks once he has her in his arms. Bella bites her lip as she thinks before nodding, and pressing a kiss to his cheek, "'kay, bye Daddy" she coos, before climbing from his lap and reaching for Zayn. "See you at home" Zayn murmurs before he leaves, the door swinging closed behind him.