Chapter Ninety

Chapter Ninety – Liam

Liam frowns as Bella spins around him in the kitchen where he's trying to make dinner, a little over two weeks later, "Daddy?" she asks and he hums to indicate he's heard her, "when Baba coming home?" she asks. Liam sighs, because really Zayn should have been home two hours ago, he's late and hasn't called or sent Liam a text, and if he's honest Liam's getting worried, "hopefully soon Princess" Liam murmurs, turning away from the stove to look at her. Bella pouts, but nods her head slightly at him "I hungry" she mumbles and Liam chuckles, "dinner will be ready soon, why don't you go play for a few minutes while I finish it" he says. Bella sighs before running out of the kitchen, towards the living room, where Liam can hear her start to play with Aurora. Liam pulls out his phone and sends Zayn another text as soon as he hears Bella's occupied, he doesn't want the three year old to know he's worried. The last thing he wants (or needs) is for Bella to think he thinks something's wrong with Zayn, she just started sleeping in her own bed again the night before, since the re-occurrance of her nightmares about Sadie.

Liam turns off the stove just as he hears the front door open and close again, "Zayn?" he calls out, coming around the corner to see Zayn limping and being supported by both Louis and Harry. "What the hell happened?" Liam hisses, making Zayn look up from the floor, Liam cringes at the black eye, and fat lip on his fiancé's face. "Baba" Bella cheers running towards the doorway, but Louis intercepts her before she can see her Baba's bruised and bloody form, "hey Bella, I've missed you" Louis coos, pulling her into a hug. Bella giggles "Uncle Louis, love you" she cheers, snuggling into him. "He called us to come get him, he still hasn't really told us what happened" Harry says quietly to Liam, while handing over Zayn's car keys. Liam nods, "um do you think you and Lou, could take Bella out for dinner, while I clean him up? I don't think she needs to see this" Liam murmurs, running a hand through his hair. Harry nods, "yeah of course" he answers moving over to Louis and Bella, Liam doesn't hear what he says but Bella's cheering excitedly "please Daddy" she begs and Liam chuckles nodding, "of course" he answers making Bella cheer again. "Take your time" Liam hums as Louis moves past him, "take care of him" Louis mumbles back, Liam just nods in response as Zayn presses a kiss to Bella's head without letting her see his face.

Once Louis, Harry, and Bella are outside Liam rounds on Zayn "what happened?" he asks and Zayn sighs, "can you help me sit down first?" he mumbles and Liam nods, rushing to help Zayn up the stairs and to the living room. As soon as he's sure Zayn's comfortable Liam sits beside him, "alright, now what the hell happened?" he asks carefully. Zayn chuckles, "alright, well you know Jason, the science teacher who hates me and apparently knows Sadie?" he asks, Liam just nods slowly, "well it turns out he really hates me, and doesn't like the fact we got Sadie arrested" Zayn continues. Zayn starts talking again before Liam can say anything "so after work today he jumped me in the parking lot, he had the element of surprise and as you can tell, I didn't fair very well" Zayn finishes, slumping back against the couch. Liam frowns before reaching out and grabbing Zayn's hand, "you need to tell someone about this" he hums and Zayn shakes his head before wincing, "I'm alright, and I can't or it will just get worse" he mumbles. Liam groans, kissing Zayn gently, "if this happened to Bella, or one of the babies, when they're older, would you be encouraging them to just let it go?" Liam asks. Zayn glares at Liam, "it's not the same Liam. That's different" he mutters, Liam arches an eyebrow, "is it Zayn?" he asks and Zayn just sighs. Liam knows he's thinking it over so he leaves him alone to do so, moving towards the downstairs bathroom to find something to clean Zayn up with.

When Liam gets back Zayn still appears to be thinking "okay so you're right. I'll talk to the principal tomorrow, alright?" Zayn mutters Liam grins, "good, now we need to clean those cuts, and I can promise you this isn't going to feel good" Liam hums. Zayn pouts eyeing the disinfectant in Liam's hands, "do you have to?" he whines and Liam laughs, "you sound just like Bella, and yes I have to" he mocks. Zayn pouts, before calling Aurora to come closer to him, burying one hand  in her fur, "alright, go ahead" he mumbles and Liam chuckles shaking his head, as he pours some of the liquid onto a cotton pad, "don't hurt the dog" he teases before dabbing the ointment around Zayn's eye. Zayn hisses in pain as soon as the liquid touches his skin "I know, I'm sorry" Liam murmurs reaching out to hold Zayn still, "hurts Li" Zayn whines, and Liam chuckles, "I know. But I'm almost done" he coos moving to dab at Zayn's lip. "And done" Liam hums, setting the stuff down and pulling Zayn into his arms, "it looks a lot better, I don't think you will scare Bells as much now" Liam murmurs, kissing Zayn's hair, "I love you" Zayn mumbles, and Liam pulls away to look at him "I love you too" he murmurs, kissing Zayn gently.