Chapter Sixty Three

Chapter Sixty Three – Zayn

Zayn's pouting, he knows he's pouting and he knows it's probably not the most adult thing to do but it's all he can do right now and he's decided that he really doesn't care. Liam laughs at him and Zayn's pout deepens "I'm sorry, Love. But Bella's birthday is next week and we need to talk about what we're doing" Liam chuckles. Zayn groans, he's been successfully avoiding the topic of his baby getting older for several weeks now, but Liam has him cornered and he knows there's no way he's getting away from it this time. Bella is spending the day with Louis and Harry, Liam had taken her over early in the morning, and Zayn now understands why, Liam was trying to get him alone to make him talk about birthdays. "Li, I really don't want to" Zayn mumbles and Liam laughs again "I know babe, but we need to, think about how sad Bella will be if we don't do anything for her birthday" he coos, moving to wrap his arms around Zayn's waist. Zayn sighs, giving in, because Liam's right and he knows Liam's right, and he doesn't like it, "fine. What do you have in mind?" he asks. Liam grins, "I was thinking a small gathering, your family, and mine, and of course Niall, Louis, and Harry, at my parents' place" he explains. Zayn just blinks, because that's exactly what he wants for the day, but he thought for sure Liam was going to want to do something big. "What?" Liam asks, eyebrows furrowing, and Zayn shakes his head to clear it, "nothing, that sounds perfect Li. I just...well I thought you'd wanna do something big and extravagant" he murmurs. Liam is suddenly in his space, "hey, I would, but I know you don't and I want you and Bella both to be happy. I already talked to my parents, and yours, everyone's on board to do it at my mum and dad's place" he coos. Zayn grins, "what about Lou and his petting Zoo?" he asks dryly and Liam laughs shaking his head, "I talked him out of it, he's got a different gift in mind now" he chuckles.

Zayn arches an eyebrow at Liam who shakes his head at him, "I'm not telling you what Louis is getting her. But I promise, it's nothing bad" Liam explains, wrapping his arms around Zayn's waist. Zayn melts into the touch, allowing his body to relax against Liam, shivering slightly when Liam starts pressing kisses down the side of his neck. "Now what are we getting Princess Bella?" Liam murmurs, his lips still pressed against the skin of Zayn's neck, Zayn shivers, before shaking his head, "I don't know. I was thinking we should sign her up for gymnastics, keep her from jumping on the furniture all the time" he says slowly. Liam chuckles "or encourage her to do it more" he teases, Zayn pouts and turns in his arms to glare at his fiancé who grins, "I'm kidding, that sounds great, actually" he coos, pressing his lips to Zayn's. Zayn sighs, but allows himself to get lost in the kiss, letting Liam take full control, before they both pull apart breathless. Zayn pouts up at Liam who smirks at him, "later, Louis' not bringing Bella back until after dinner, but right now I have a couple things to do in my office" Liam murmurs, and Zayn rolls his eyes but nods his head "fine, I should work on my resumé anyways" he mumbles, as Liam nods pulling away to head towards his office.

Zayn groans, closing his laptop, he's finished his resumé, and sent a copy to his mum, for her to proofread it, and make sure he hasn't made any ridiculous mistakes. Liam is still holed up in his office and Zayn frowns, before moving to go find Liam, when he gets to the office he can hear music playing and when he peeks through the door Liam is typing quickly on his on laptop, glancing to some papers spread on his desk every now and then. He looks stressed and Zayn has no real clue how he does it all day, "hey, you almost finished?" Zayn asks, knocking on the doorframe and stepping into the room. Liam looks up and smiles at him, making grabby hands for Zayn, who chuckles and moves to sit in Liam's lap, "I am done, I refuse to do anything else today" Liam groans and Zayn smiles, pressing a kiss to his lips.

Liam responds instantly, his hands gripping Zayn's hips as he licks into his mouth, and deepens the kiss. Zayn whines in the back of his throat, before Liam pulls away. Zayn bites his lip, before pouting, and Liam chuckles, pecking his lips quickly one more time. "Oh I called the gymnastics centre, and Bella is now signed up for Saturday mornings, at nine thirty, starting the week after her birthday" Liam says, shuffling some papers around to pull out a printed confirmation sheet. Zayn takes the paper reading it over and nods his head, "I could have done that" he mumbles but Liam shakes his head, taking the paper from Zayn's hands, "yes, but I did so get over it" he murmurs before sealing their lips together in another kiss. This one feels different from all the others they've shared this morning and he lets out a very unmanly squeak as Liam stands up with his lips still attached to Zayn's and starts moving out of the office.