Chapter One Hundred Forty Two

Chapter One Hundred Forty Two – Liam

"Niall, would you quit pacing, you're making me nervous and I got married almost two years ago" Liam chuckles, scooping Zack up and adjusting him on his hip when the twenty month old reaches for him. Niall freezes where he's pacing and turns to glare at Liam who just arches an eyebrow at his best friend. "B-but what if he's changed his mind? What if Josh doesn't really love me? What if he's just like Jace?" Niall asks rapidly. Liam chuckles and Zack giggles, because his Daddy is, "Ni-Ni stop" Zack shakes his head and Niall grins at the toddler. "Ni, you don't honestly think that Josh would leave you at the altar do you?" Liam asks gently, passing Zack to Niall when the toddler reaches for him. Niall hugs Zack close and Liam's just glad that the toddler is letting it happen, seemingly knowing his uncle needs the cuddles, because Zack normally doesn't like to be cuddled for long. "I don't know. I never thought Jace would cheat on me and look how that worked" Niall shrugs, burying his face in Zack's hair. Liam sighs stepping closer to his best friend, "Josh loves you, yeah. He's not going to change his mind, and he's not going to leave. Forget about Jace, he's a dick. Let's just focus on the fact that you're finally getting married today" Liam hums. Niall nods slowly, Zack squirming wanting to be put down, "yeah, you're right" Niall mumbles, setting Zack on the floor, and smoothing out the toddler's tux, as he does.

Liam's glad Niall's calmed down now, watching the other man pace was beginning to drive him crazy, if he's honest. There's a knock on the door before it opens and Zayn walks into the room, his tux matching Liam's with Chloe on his hip. "Everyone good in here?" Zayn asks as Chloe makes grabby hands for Liam and Zack charges at Zayn. "We are now, yeah" Liam breathes scooping Chloe into his arms and kissing her hair as Zayn scoops up Zack. "How's Josh?" Niall asks, a desperate edge to his voice and Liam and Zayn both chuckle. "He's ready to just be married to you Niall, he sent me to make sure you were okay" Zayn offers and Liam grins when he sees his best mate relax that little bit more. "Where's Bella?" Liam asks as he sets Chloe on the floor to play with Zack, "she's with Harry and Lou, didn't want to come with me" Zayn shrugs. Liam pouts, "I get it, she doesn't want to see her Dad" he sniffles. "Dada sad?" Chloe asks, head whipping around at the sound of Liam's fake sniffling. Zayn chuckles, pushing on Liam's shoulder, "no Dada's not sad he's being silly" he assures the toddler, who nods and turns back to playing with Zack.

"But seriously Josh isn't having second thoughts?" Niall asks grabbing onto Zayn's wrist. Liam laughs as he watches Zayn shake Niall off, "yes, actually now that you mention it he was looking for an unlocked window to escape through when I came in here" Zayn deadpans. Liam watches as all the colour drains from Niall's face and his eyes widen before Liam reaches over to slap Zayn upside the head, "ow, shit" Zayn mutters. "Can you not right now?" Liam asks gesturing to the now freaking out Irish man beside them. "Niall, I was kidding" Zayn explains, "Josh is actually just pacing his room like I'm sure you were and desperate to see you" he adds. Niall seems to relax at Zayn's words and Liam sighs in relief, just as Chloe comes over reaching for Zayn to pick her up. "Alright, now that I know you're still here I can take this little one back to Josh" Zayn says adjusting Chloe on his hip as she waves to Liam and Niall, who coo and wave back to the toddler in Zayn's grip.

Once Zayn's gone Zack looks at the door confused "Baba?" he asks quietly and Liam chuckles "Baba went back to see Uncle Josh we'll see him soon, okay Big Guy" he explains. Zack shrugs before he turns back to the small pile of trains Liam had dumped on the floor for him. "How much longer?" Niall groans and Liam chuckles checking his watch just as Greg, Niall's brother comes into the room, trailed by Niall's mum and dad. "You ready little brother?" Greg asks and Liam resists the urge to roll his eyes as Greg shoves him out of the way seemingly ignoring him like he always has, Niall sending Liam an apologetic look over his brother's shoulder. Liam waves Niall away and turns instead to Niall's mum, "you look lovely Maura" Liam hums and Maura smiles, pulling Liam into a hug, "thank you Dear, you do too" she hums, before she releases him.