Chapter Forty Five

Chapter Forty Five – Zayn

Zayn groans, as Liam and Bella walk ahead of him into the car dealership, wondering how he let Liam talk him into this in the first place. He and Bella have been living with Liam for a week now and somehow Liam has managed to talk Zayn into letting him buy him a car. Liam pauses at the door, Bella stopping beside him as they seemingly wait for Zayn to catch up, "quit pouting, you need a car" Liam murmurs, kissing him gently. Zayn sighs because as much as he hates to admit it, Liam is right, the past week has been a nightmare of trying to get Bella to his mum's and get to school, both he and Louis ended up late for class, four out of the five days. "I know, but why does it have to be brand new?" Zayn mumbles gesturing across the road to where a used car place is and where Zayn would feel far more comfortable shopping. Liam chuckles, shaking his head, "because I want you to have a reliable vehicle, you're driving Bella everywhere. I need to know it's not going to die and leave you stranded somewhere" he explains. Zayn rolls his eyes, crossing his arms, "whatever" he mutters "come on" Bella urges, tugging on both Liam and Zayn's hands to get them to move inside the building again. Liam chuckles and allows himself to be pulled into the showroom, Zayn following slowly behind, still trying to find a way to change Liam's mind.

Zayn's sulking, he knows he's sulking, as Liam drives back towards their apartment, they've just finished ordering Zayn a brand new SUV, and Zayn thinks Liam spent too much money. Bella's playing happily in the backseat, oblivious to Zayn's distress over the whole car situation, and he's a little jealous of her and the fact that at two she really has no worries. "Zee, talk to me, please?" Liam asks and Zayn rolls his head along the seat to look at him, "you needed a car, and I know you like the one I got you, so please, don't be upset with me" Liam pouts. Zayn sighs, "I'm not upset with you, I just, I've made it this far without a car, and I just feel like, I don't know, I'm taking advantage of you" he mumbles. Liam is suddenly pulling over into a random parking lot, turning his whole body so he can face Zayn once he's parked the car, "Zayn look at me" he says. Reaching out to lift Zayn's chin so their eyes meet, "Daddy why stop?" Bella asks from the back. Liam chuckles, "just need to talk to Baba for a minute, Princess" he murmurs, turning to smile at the toddler who grins and nods her head at him in response. "You are not taking advantage of me, and yes you've lasted this long without your own car, but you were also living with someone who goes exactly the same places as you, so it worked. I work in the opposite direction of your school. You need that car" he insists. Zayn huffs before nodding slowly, because Liam is right and he knows he's right, he still can't help how he's feeling, "yeah, okay" he mumbles finally. Liam nods, leaning over the centre console to press a kiss to Zayn's lips, before he's pulling away and starting to drive again.

It's not long after their conversation in the car that they arrive back at the apartment, Zayn chuckles when he sees Bella has fallen asleep in the backseat, she really can fall asleep at anytime, anywhere. "Wasn't she awake five minutes ago?" Liam asks and Zayn shrugs, laughing lightly "yeah, but that's Bella for you" he chuckles. Liam nods, climbing out of the car, as Zayn makes his way to the back to carefully pull Bella into his arms. She lets out a whine as he does but doesn't actually wake up, and Zayn is thankful for it, as he falls into step beside Liam. Zayn allows Liam to hold the door for him, leaning into his side when they get onto the elevator. Liam leans down to kiss Zayn's hair, which makes Zayn grin, before Liam bends a little further and presses a light kiss to Bella's hair as well, "I love you" Liam mumbles, just as the elevator doors open onto their floor, "I love you too" Zayn murmurs, as Liam unlocks the apartment, and they step inside. Zayn carefully takes Bella into her room, tucking her carefully into her bed, "sleep tight" he murmurs, kissing her cheek, before pulling the blankets up over her, "I love you" he murmurs, to the sleeping girl, before quietly leaving the room and partially closing her door.