Chapter Forty Eight

Chapter Forty Eight – Liam

Liam's chewing on his thumb as he paces back and forth outside of the private room at the hospital, he hopes Elise has managed to get ahold of Zayn, and that his younger boyfriend isn't too angry with him. The doctors are currently checking Bella over and asked him to step into the hall while they do, Liam is worried about the girl and wants to be with her, but he also knows he can't get in the doctors' way. "Mr.Payne?" a voice startles him "yeah?" he asks, pausing in his pacing, "you can go back in now" the nurse says, smiling at him, "thank you" he murmurs, before rushing into the room. Liam bites his thumb again as he takes in Bella, she looks tinier than normal, laying in the large hospital bed, her eyes are closed as she sleeps, a side effect of the medicine the doctors gave her when they first arrived. "I'm so sorry, Princess" Liam mumbles, pressing a kiss to her forehead, before sinking into the chair beside her bed to wait.

The door opening jolts Liam out of his thoughts and he turns to see avery dishevelled looking Zayn standing in the doorway, still dressed for work, with tears glistening in his eyes. "Liam, what happened?" Zayn asks stepping into the room so he can close the door, "don't be mad at me" Liam begs, watching as Zayn's eyebrows furrow, "why would I be mad at you, did you do this?" he asks, gesturing to Bella, where she's still sleeping on the bed. Liam shakes his head, "no, God no, Zayn" he insists, "then I'm not mad at you. But what happened?" Zayn begs. Liam sighs reaching out to pull Zayn down onto his lap, needing his boyfriend close after the turn the afternoon took. Zayn turns to look at him,and appears to be studying Liam's face before he leans down and kisses him gently, "Li, are you okay?" he asks quietly, Liam nods "I'm fine, just shaken up. I don't like seeing her like this, or the way she was before we got here" he mumbles. Zayn whines and leans in to kiss Liam again, pulling back far too soon for Liam's liking, "what the Hell happened Li?" he asks.

Liam takes a deep breath, "we were leaving the office getting ready to go home, Elise was right behind us, Niall and Nikki behind her. Bella insisted on walking and not letting me carry her. When we got outside there were a whole bunch of paparazzi, and I don't know how they knew I had Bella at work with me but that's why they were there" Liam starts, watching Zayn's face as he talks. Zayn nods and Liam continues, "so they were being super pushy and I knew Bella was getting scared, so I turned to scoop her up, but she wasn't there, I saw Niall had her and relaxed a little. Next thing I know Bella is screaming for me and Niall's calling my name, one of the paps had tried to grab her from Niall, and somehow ended up knocking her to the ground" he continues. Zayn is biting his lip now and Liam can tell his boyfriend is angry, so he squeezes his hand reassuringly, and Zayn smiles tightly at him. "So I rushed over threatening to call the cops if they didn't back up and when I got toBella, Niall was crouching down beside her and she was whimpering in pain. Her right wrist was at a funny angle and there was a small cut on her left knee. So Elise called an ambulance and here we are" Liam finishes, taking a deep breath.

Zayn's quiet as he looks from Liam to where Bella is lying in the bed, and Liam sees as Zayn notices the bright pink cast wrapped around her right arm. "They broke her wrist?" he hisses and Liam nods slowly, standing up beside Zayn, "and she needed two stitches in her knee as well" Liam points out. Zayn whips around to face him then, "who did this to her?" he asks and Liam shrugs, "I've already got my security team pulling all the footage, I plan on filing a lawsuit and a restraining order against the son of a bitch that did this" he explains. Zayn nods, falling into Liam's arms, "I want to kill him" he mumbles and Liam laughs, "get in line Zayn, Niall took a swing at him already, Nikki and Elise both want to murder him, and I'm planning some not so nice things to do to him in my head as well" he explains. "He hurt my baby, I'll kill him" Zayn growls and Liam hugs him tightly, not sure he's ever seen Zayn so angry before, but then again, no one has ever hurt Bella like this before.